Author's Note

* banner by Lamouette83 (livejournal)

My long-lost-love-RETURNS story! Enjoy!

Cast

Grown Natalie Podger: Amy Adams

Bennet Malene: Jensen Ackles

Teenager Natalie: Sophia Lillis

Stanley Pike: Ed Asner

Della Elliott: Della Reese

Billy Beck: Ben Cotton

Brad Hickok: Brendan Sexton III

Taylor Nells: Aaron Stanford

Soundtrack

So this one is mostly Ingrid Michaelson (I love her. She ends up in a lot of my soundtracks) and Keane tunes, because when I was initially writing this story (maybe in 2004? 2005?) all I was listening to was her "Girls and Boys" album and their "Hopes and Fears" album and the songs kind of leaked into my psyche and became linked to this story. It helps that the songs really work with the story too, but I digress...

1. The Hat by Ingrid Michaelson
"I should tell you that you were my first love"

2. We Might as Well be Strangers by Keane
"We might as well be strangers in another town / We might as well be living in a different world."

3. Starting Now by Ingrid Michaelson
"Starting now / I wish you never came into my world."

4. Everybody's Changing by Keane
"But everybody's changing and I don't feel the same."

5. Overboard by Ingrid Michaelson
Basically the entire song is Natalie's mood for most of the story. :)

6. Glass by Ingrid Michaelson
"And I am blind / I cannot find the heart I gave to you."

7. Somewhere Only We Know by Keane
Bennet JUST wants to talk to Natalie already.

8. Sunshine by Keane

"Can anybody find their home?"

9. All I want by Kodaline
The only non Ingrid or Keane song, suggested by one of my readers. It's so fitting, I had to add it. It's basically what 16-year-old Natalie would've felt when Bennet disappeared/what her grown self felt when he shows up again.

10. Corner of Your Heart by Ingrid Michaelson
The theme song of Natalie's most painful "Then" chapter.

11. Bedshaped by Keane

"I know you think I'm holding you down / And I've fallen by the wayside now / And I don't understand the same things as you / But I do"

12. Die Alone by Ingrid Michaelson

"Don't be a fool, girl / Tell him you love him"

13. Home by Ingrid Michaelson

So it's an Ingrid Michaelson song, just not from her "Girls and Boys" album, but from a much later one. It's basically perfect for the end of this story and how Natalie feels about Keplar's Grove, so it had to go in.

14. Far Away by Ingrid Michaelson
Okay, so she doesn't want to live her "life as a lobster-man's wife" but the song still fits with Natalie's want for a new life.

Please leave comments and let me know what you think! I want to hear what you have to say!

Thanks!

- Jen