Chapter 6

I woke up still held tightly in Daryl's arms to the sun rising, sunlight was starting to seep in through the windows landing on my face along with Daryl's. Not wanting to leave this relaxing moment I let myself look over Daryl watching his chest rise and fall slowly, my head rising with the gentle rhythm as well. Everything was so peaceful so perfect in this moment it was easy to forget the horrors that were going on outside the truck in this moment. I watched as Daryl's features scrunched up slightly turning to get the sun off his face causing me to giggle softly at the action before nuzzling back into his chest. This was the best I'd felt in a long time, my whole body felt warm and tingly it reminded me of the feelings I had when I first met him. A large hand came up to my hair gently running his fingers through it causing me to hum practically beaming from all the attention.

"Whats got you so happy?" Daryl's rough morning voice cut through the air causing me to look up at him with a smile leaning up to lightly press a soft kiss to his lovers lips who gladly returned it with a smile of his own.

"I'm just happy I have you back." I whispered before moving quickly to straddle his waist letting the blanket fall around my waist, Daryl let his hands fall to gently sit on my hips slipping under my shirt slightly to rub circles into the skin. "I'm happy that you can hold me again and that your alive." A smile spread across the hunters face as he let a hand fall from my waist to cup my cheek in his.

"I've missed you." He said softly stroking his thumb gently across my skin smile widening when a I gently nuzzled into the hand, enjoying the feeling of the rough skin of his hand that greatly contrasted mine. I think I'd missed the simple things that that more than anything, I couldn't even come to imagine the amount of times I'd been lying right here thinking of him and now he was finally here with me. The two of us sat in a comfortable silent that was only broken by a rough knock to the window right behind me, I let out an involuntary sigh knowing that the moment had been effectively ruined by whoever had come to find us. Quickly, I manoeuvred my way around in the small space so I could face the door as Daryl moved into a sitting position behind me when I opened it there was Shane staring up at me. That same uncomfortable feeling settled in the pit of my stomach once again as I shuffled back slightly as he just remained silent staring me down till he glanced over my shoulder to Daryl who was watching him closely. I didn't know whether it was my imagination or whether it actually happened but I thought there was a flash of bitterness that overtook his features for just a few moments.

"We're going out to search for Sophia meet at the barrier by the RV." Shane told the two of us coldly before stalking off in silence.