Magic of the Heart

Falling snow floated to the ground, millions of tiny fairies fondly caressing the earth with frozen fingers. Pure white, it glistened, sparkling beneath the light of the moon like a sea of diamonds. Wisps of breath like a gentle morning's mist escaped from his lips, whispering of life. The frozen ground crunched with each step he took as he marched through the winter wastes, leaving the gentle blue glow of the college behind. The torch in his left hand cast a warm glow upon his face, the golden light reflected in his shimmering green eyes. His hair, like a cascade of strawberries, was neatly pulled back. Vanafindon, the elven mage known for the flames of love and passion within his heart, was leaving the College of Winterhold behind. His business there was complete, for the time being. In his right hand was a velvet pouch containing many precious gems, however, it was nowhere near as precious as the item hidden deep within his satchel. The night was sleepless, the elf pressing onward without hesitation. The wolves and bears of Skyrim stood no chance against the precision of his bow, the swiftness of his blade, or the power of his magic. He arrived in Whiterun at dawn, exhausted, his armor painted crimson with blood. Wiping it clean with the crystalline water of a nearby stream, he approached the city gate. The guards greeted his familiar face with smiles and warm welcomes, swinging open the large wooden gate. Stepping inside, he inhaled deeply. It was time. Walking hesitantly through the market and up the steps, Vanafindon's gaze settled on Jorrvaskr: the mead hall of the Companions. Entering, his eyes darted around the room. He may have been a member of the guild, he may have looked fondly upon each member, but there was only one person he was interested in speaking with. There! Slim, a slight bit shorter than most of her kind, she stood wearing armor much heavier than that of Vanafindon. Her windswept golden hair faded to a brown tinged with the color of flames, reminiscent of a sunset. Golden eyes sparkled with laughter as she turned to look at the door, the smile upon her face more radiant than the sun. He had long since tucked the velvet pouch into his satchel, but was now reaching in for the item he had long been wanting to present to her. Walking up to Gwestiel, he presented to her an Amulet of Mara. Reaching out, she delicately took it from him and nodded, joyous tears rolling along her cheeks. He kissed her, cupping her cheek with his hand. Even his eyes were smiling. There was no one else that he would rather be with, not a soul that could compare to her. Gwestiel meant everything to Vanafindon. She was always in his thoughts, and present in everything he did. No matter where he went, she was with him. Had he not met her, he may not have been able to overcome many of the emotional obstacles he had faced, or to help heal the hearts of others he met in his travels with his loving kindness. She was the source of the magic within his heart.