Shackling the Storm

Ulfric Stormcloak, golden hair neat and blue eyes fierce, sat upon the throne calmly as the Imperial Legion's soldiers burst through the doors of the Palace of Kings. General Tullius approached him, sword drawn. He was soaked in the blood of Stormcloak soldiers, Ulfric's men.

    "Well Ulfric, you can't escape from me this time. Any last requests before I send you to... to wherever you people go when you die?" Tullius asked, unenthused by Legate Rikke as she informed him that nord warriors went to Sovngarde upon death.

Ulfric shook his head, standing up and walking away from his throne. He knelt down, admitting defeat. He knew that there was no escape this time. There was no dragon to swoop down and stop the execution, there was no secret passage he could flee through, and there was no secret weapon he could use to win this war. He was ready to die with honor. General Tullius raised his sword and Ulfric heard it slice through the air as Tullius swung, yet he felt no blade cut into him. He felt something warm and wet drip onto his face, bringing a hand up to wipe it away. Glancing at his fingertips, he saw the crimson blood and slowly turned his head to look at Tullius. Standing above him, he saw someone wearing the armor of a Stormcloak soldier. As his eyes continued to scan the figure, he saw General Tullius' sword, soaked in blood, pressed against the side of the figure, whose hands gripped the blade tightly as they tried to push it away. Blood dripped down the dusky grey skin of the dark elf. The dusky grey skin of a dark elf... Stormcloak armor... Ulfric's eyes widened and he stood up abruptly. The snow-white hair, covering one the dark elf's grey-green eyes as he glared mercilessly at Tullius, the burning passion in his eyes was immediately recognizable. Hot tears began to run down his cheeks as he placed a hand on the dark elf's shoulder, shaking his head. Selakiir Hyluan, a dark elf, had saved his life. The man had joined the Stormcloaks, never revealing his face or giving a name other than Sel. He was a loyal and fierce soldier. He and Ulfric had shared many a drink. He and Ulfric had been close to one another. Until Selakiir had been severely injured in battle. He was brought back to the Palace of the Kings to rest upon Ulfric's command, but when he had seen the grey skin, he abandoned him. Dark elves were scum. Imperial spies. Good for nothings. Or so he had thought. Since he had sent Selakiir away, since he had refused to speak with the elf, he had grown bitter. He had refused to admit that he missed him, but now Selakiir had saved his life. He had proven Ulfric wrong about the dark elves since day one. Tullius let go of his sword as he saw the tears upon his rival's face, and Selakiir threw the blade on the ground, looking at Ulfric.

    "Why?" He questioned, his grip on the elf's shoulder tightening.

    "I cannot abandon the people I love, Ulfric Stormcloak." The elf whispered. Ulfric pulled him into a tight hug, closing his teary eyes.

    "I love you too, Selakiir Hyluan."