Garden of Hope

Delicately, a pale hand reached out and plucked the red flower from the stem. The elven woman placed it gently in her basket, pushing her black her back behind her pointed ears. Her brown eyes focused on the flowers before her. She carefully selected each one, looking for quality ingredients for her alchemy. She gathered a few other flowers and stood up, dusting off her elegant robes as she turned to walk toward the alchemy shack she kept on the grounds. Inside, leaning against the wall, was one of her three older brothers. His black hair hung in his face, his expression cold as ice. He was soaked in his own blood, hands trembling. She began to mix together the ingredients she had gathered, watching as the other potion brewed. Quickly, she handed him the just finished potion before tossing more flowers into her current mixture. She watched as he drank it, studied his expression as his wounds closed.

    "Mornefindon, why did you come here?" She questioned, moving closer to him as he sighed.

    "For a potion, and to tell you that Serana is on her way here. I don't know for what," He informed her, giving her a quick hug before hurrying out of the shack. She didn't have time to react before he was on his horse and riding off. Taiel sighed, rolling her eyes. She adjusted her robes and went back inside the shack, leaving the wooden door open. Serana was coming. She would have to prepare. The ingredients were all organized, her robes were brushed clean of dirt and plant scraps, and her hair was pulled into a neat bun. When she heard footsteps outside, she exited with a bright smile. Serana stood there in her vampire armor, her hood up, smiling. Taiel quickly brought her inside the shack, where Serana removed the hood. Her glowing orange eyes were full of excitement, her usually neatly styled dark hair windswept. Serana hugged Taiel, who blushed slightly. They sat down on the singular bench inside and Serana reached inside her pocket and pulled out a small vial.

    "Taiel, this is the cure for vampirism. I wanted to take it, here with you." Serana confessed, removing the cork. Taiel held her free hand as Serana began to drink it, a look of awe and concern in her eyes. The vampire closed her eyes, only for Taiel to gasp when she opened them. They were no longer glowing and orange, but blue! Serana grinned, looking at Taiel for confirmation that it worked. The elf nodded excitedly, pulling Serana into a tight hug before giving her a kiss. Serana blushed, hiding her face in Taiel's shoulder. Neither of them had been expecting things to play out as they had, but neither of them was going to complain. Serana may have been incredibly close friends with Mornefindon, but she had loved Taiel from the start. Taiel loved her as well and knew Serana wanted to return to being human. Now, they had everything they wanted. Serana was cured, and they had one another. Together, the two walked out into the sun, Serana being able to embrace the warmth of the rays for the first time in what felt like an eternity.