Arachnophobia

The spiders crept closer to the nord man, his messy dark brown hair falling in his face, shadowing his icy blue eyes. His war paint was smudged and his hands trembled, partially from exhaustion and partially from fear. He swung at one, jumping backward with a look of terror in his eyes. He had no idea this mission was going to involve spiders! They were one of the few things he was afraid of. He ran back into another room, deeper into the crypt, only to have a shiver sent through his body as he felt something behind him. Turning his head, he saw the spider web. Shrieking, Farkas pulled himself away from the web, watching with a panicked look in his eyes as more spiders filtered into the room from deeper inside the crypt. He swung at another, cutting it down, but it was quickly replaced. They were closing in on him when out of nowhere they stopped moving, crumpling on the ground one by one. Farkas let out a sigh of relief, noticing the familiar markings on the arrows. Turning to look at the door, he noticed the elegant snow elf. He watched as Gwenith's snow-white hands put away the bow, as his pristine white hair was brushed from his face. He watched as Gwenith approached, dragging him into a hug. Gwenith may not have understood why Farkas was afraid of spiders, but he did understand fear. He held the nord warrior close, trying his best to console him. Farkas' body was trembling, from head to toe, as Gwenith kicked the spider corpses aside and led him out of the crypt. The two sat down by the water's edge and the snow elf wrapped an arm around him, leaning his head on Farkas' shoulder. The light of the sun warmed them, shimmering on the surface of the clear water. A gentle breeze stirred the leaves of the trees around them, but it was otherwise silent. Farkas took a deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment. Gwenith, from day one, had always treated him well. He was always kind, understanding, and supportive. The snow elf smiled softly, as he felt himself suddenly being pulled into Farkas' lap. The nord ran a hand through Gwenith's hair gently. They stayed like that until Farkas realized Gwenith had fallen asleep. He carried the snow elf back to the nearest town and paid for a room. He waited, cleaning his sword while his companion slept. When Gwenith awoke, Farkas stopped what he was doing and kissed him. Dazed, the sleepy snow elf leaned closer to Farkas, sighing softly. With his armor off, the nord was incredibly cozy. Farkas tightened his grip slightly, not wanting to let go of Gwenith. His fear of spiders combined with the sheer number of them in the crypt earlier had left him a bit shaken. He sighed, pressing his face into Gwenith's neck.

"What are you afraid of, Gwen?" He mumbled, wondering if the elf had anything he was afraid of. He knew the disappearance of Gwenith's brother had shaken him, but aside from Farkas admitting he was afraid of spiders, they'd never discussed fears. Gwenith looked up at him with a gentle smile, placing a kiss on his lips.

    "What am I afraid? Losing you, for starters."