The Break of Dawn

Naracion ran a hand through his short black hair, blue eyes narrowed in disgust as he studied the potion of blood in front of him. He did not want to know how vampires could drink blood, or how the potion of blood tasted, he simply wanted to figure out how it was made. He sighed in frustration, holding his head in his hands. Moments passed before he stood, leaving the potion on the table as he walked out of Fort Dawnguard. He picked up a crossbow and some bolts, firing at the targets angrily, shouting out various foul phrases in the language of the elves as he tried to vent his frustrations. He ignored the crunching of footsteps on the path, only to drop the crossbow and begin to punch the tree beside him, bitter tears streaming down his cheeks. As a vampire hunter, he was conflicted. Yes, they were dangerous, but there was one vampire he knew he would never be able to kill. His one cousin was a vampire hunter as well, and they had just found out that their relative was a vampire. He didn't know how Vanafindon was coping with the fact that his brother was a vampire, but for Naracion to know that his cousin was technically an enemy felt like receiving a dagger to the heart. Many of the Dawnguard warriors passed him by, ignoring him. They knew why he was upset, and they knew better than to approach, but one did not. He felt a hand grab his arm, glaring as he was pushed away from the tree. The breton warrior in front of him looked genuinely concerned, his gentle brown eyes full of worry. Naracion looked as if he was going to hit Celann for a moment, but fell into his arms, his face nestled in the crook of Celann's neck. The breton's soft brown hair smelled like campfire smoke from his travels. Celann wrapped his arms around Naracion, running his fingers through the elf's hair as they stood in the courtyard. After a few moments, Naracion moved away from him and sat down on a log, his eyes locked on the sunset. Celann got a fire going in the pit before sitting down beside Naracion, taking his hand cautiously. The two sat there in silence, watching the setting sun. Once it had set, the fire was put out and they wandered back inside, going to the cots where the Dawnguard members slept. Celann casually pulled his next to Naracion's as the elf curled up, yet again wrapping his arms around him. One of the Dawnguard war dogs, Sceolang, wandered in and leapt up onto the foot of the cot. He curled up, his head next to Naracion's face, watching the two. Celann tried to ignore the dog's sudden arrival, as it had always been particularly attached to the elf. Both of them could tell that Naracion had been deeply affected by the news of Mornefindon's vampirism. He carefully leaned over and kissed Naracion's cheek, resisting the urge to laugh as Sceolang gave the elf a slobbery lick a few seconds after. It was important that Naracion know he wasn't alone. Many of the Dawnguard members were put off by how quick he was to anger and how unwilling he was to open up to others, but not Celann or Sceolang. No matter what the situation was, they would support him. They would protect him. They would always be there to show him that they loved him.