Games for The Win

Sweat ran down his face as he sprinted across the field. Two obstacles lay in front of him. He made a split-second decision that sealed his fate. Moving fluidly and trying to make it look as real as possible, He lunged to the left and then quickly cut to the right. The black and white ball at his feet moved with him as if they were connected. He drew his leg back as though cocking a gun. His foot contacted the ball with a crisp, hollow sound that always made him smile. It flew across the grass and into the lower left corner of the net. This was so much more, than a game. It was a battle that only one team would win, a fight that left you breathless and shaking with adrenaline. This was soccer.

"Potter Scored for the win! Can not believe it folks but McDonogh Won meaning they will go up and play Valencia in the champion cup for the 1994 season. What a good game." The announcer shouted above the shouts and cheers for the wining team.

The rest of the week was spectacular for Harry. It was like he was on the clouds. At first it didn't start like that. Before Severus left, he told them Voldemort was back. Somehow. But he promised he would do his best and not tell anyone he knows about them. Then the game came up and to Harry's surprise they won."

Harry looked down wasn't really paying attention, but he was drawing. It was of a castle, large and grand with a forest and lake and what looked like a quidditch pitch. Hogwarts.

"Of a different world," Harry responded looking back up. He just knew it was Hogwarts, but he hasn't seen it before. He just couldn't shake this feeling he was getting.

"Very interesting..." And he continued on his lecture till the bell rang. He killed both of them, while the curse failed for the first time in history.

Though he should've been guilty, he wasn't when it came to those two it was Voldemort who threw the curse which now according to Severus he is back alive. But he also promised he would do his best to keep him busy while they are in London.

The class as a whole groaned at the news but all diligently took the test. For most of the class they finished in 30 minuets which left the rest of the class hour to go over it.

It was at the end when Harry got called up. "...well-done Lang. Alright now how about Potter your next."

He smirked knowing it was one everyone failed except him. He knew how to solve it most definitely in his sleep with the added help of Arithmancy he was able to understand very fast how to do a problem. In two minuets he wrote the answer and sat down getting praise from Mr. Ditzes.

"Well that will be all for class" he spoke when they had finished going over the test. "I will all see you on the morning bus to those of you going. Mr. Potter good luck on that game." He said winking at his as the students shuffled out of the class room.

"I'll try but its not up to me sir."

He chuckled "right you are. I will see you on the field then."

"Yes see you." Harry called out as he left the class room. It was Ditzes that welcomed him and his family the first time they got there. It was him who got Harry to try out for the soccer team. Harry made sure he got on his group for the trip he was always the fun type with school field trips and being a favorite among the students.

*****

"Hello and welcome to the champion cup game Valencia and McDonough.

"McDonough lead 3-1 from the first leg, with strike duo Potter and Pierre on target for the Gunners last week, while Mouctar headed in for Valencia." The commentator announced to the excited crowd.

"...We saw early goals in both team ties this week, but so far neither of these sides have made any major inroads into the opposition half. McDonough enjoy a spell of possession, only for Niles to give it away with a sloppy pass. Valencia looks to pounce but Rodrigo, too, can't keep hold of it..."

The game went back and fourth, Harry was having so much fun on the field once again its been a while. He took the ball..."GOAL! Potter MAKES IT 4-1! Well, just as it looked as though McDonough would get overrun. Emery's side has sprung to life and delivered what could be a hammer blow to Valencia's hopes. Lacas sent a lovely cushioned pass through to Potter, and he made no mistake with an unerring first-time finish on the half-volley..."

"...GOAL! IT'S 2-2! It's 5-2 on aggregate now, as Gamei bundles in after initially blocking shot. Cech tried his best to get there, but the goalie managed to flick it beyond McDonough's goalkeeper..."

".....WHAT A GOAL! AUBAM GETS HIS HAT-TRICK! That was absolutely sublime from McDonough! They worked a patient move down the right, Potter exchanging a number of passes with Guen before dummying it for Mkhit, whose through-ball is perfectly weighted for the former Borus man to slam home high into the net."

"....McDonough won the Champion Cup of 1994, and what a performance it was! They have thumped Valencia 4-2 previously, with Potter grabbing a hat-trick and Lacazette also getting himself on the scoresheet. Gamei scored twice for the hosts, but they were well beaten both on the night and on aggregate...What a game."

Harry was greeted with a cheering crowd when he left the changing room with the team. It was a spectacular game both teams played their best.

"Nice job son." James said with a proud smile.

"Thanks dad. Now I am ready for some food." Harry sighed getting cheers of agreement of the team.

And so the local pizzeria place was bombarded by the full team. Celebrating and eating most of the food they had. They won the champion cup. Who wouldn't party? The rest of the night was a party on the bus excited for the win with the exciting trip that leaves tomorrow for England. It definitely couldn't get any better.