Hogwarts

Harry ran through the dark trying to move when his hand continuously grow stiff. He wanted to move but can't. His legs were locking up forcing him to fall. Laughter echoed in the dark black space where Harry was, it was all-encompassing. He cried out only causing the laughter to grow louder. "Harry!"

He tried to lift his head, his mouth but nothing would respond with his command. "Harry, open your eyes!"

'I can't.' Harry cried out to the voice.

"It's a dream Harry, wake up."

Breathing a shock Harry sprang up trying to catch his breath, Harry cried out into Severus' shoulder. "Easy there, I am sure your still sore."

Harry laughed, "ya but I can walk now to the loo without help."

"Too right," Severus said looking at Harry's tiered face, "you haven't been sleeping."

Harry shook his head looking down to the bed. "I can't tell if I am sleeping or trying to move."

Severus nodded, "it's been only a day since the solution worked you're bound to have nightmares."

Harry watched the man stand up heading over to a cupboard and coming back. "Here, its dreamless sleep will last for the night. You need rest Harry."

"Ya I do," Harry sighed taking the vial from Severus and tipping it back pouring the substance into his mouth. Laying back Harry didn't even hear the hush conversations and Severus leaving, as he was out in a few seconds.

A song was heard it was a bright a light song, to Harry it was a perfect way to wake up. He sat up in his hospital bed looking to the one who trilled the morning song. "Hi Flames, thank you for the wake up it soothed my soul."

Harry stretched and petted the happy phoenix who was eyeing his bacon on the stand next to his bed. Harry laughed while holding a piece to him who then gobbled it up. "Good morning, Mr. Potter." A nurse spoke entering the Hall, she proceeded to check him over and went back to her office.

Harry sat with Flames on his shoulder who occupied himself with preening Harry's hair. Together both Harry and the phoenix sat on the bed with Harry occasionally reading to him.

It was late evening by the time Severus came into the Hospital Wing, Harry smiled at the man closing his book. Severus paused at the large fire bird on Harry's shoulder, "Severus this is Flames he lives at the castle."

Severus sat down at the chair "the only phoenix I know that is in the castle is Dumbledore's familiar."

Harry shook his head, "Flames tell me the headmaster thinks he is but really Flames has named this his home way before he became the headmaster."

"Fascinating," Severus said as the nurse came out of her office, "Harry this is the healer for Hogwarts Madame Pumphrey. She is the one who has watched over you thus far when I am not present."

Harry nods, "nice to meet you. When am I able to return home to my family and school? We were on a school trip; they would be at the Potter Manor by know I think."

Without thought Madame Pumphrey spoke before Severus, "Dumbledore is in the process for registering you to attend Hogwarts. So I wouldn't worry about returning to the muggle school or that world." And she walked out.

"What, no he can't do that. Mom and dad wouldn't agree!" Harry shouted getting panicked with the urge to leave the castle as fast as possible. "I need to leave Severus. I want my parents!" Harry fought against the potion master. "I just want to go home." Harry cried into the mans arms who was silently charming a calming draught into the boys stomach.

Harry then quickly fell asleep leaving Severus to tuck him back into bed. He looked at the phoenix who was by looking at the bird very angry. Severus sighed as he left the wing.

This time Harry woke up with tears in his eyes; Flames is there still and hops onto his lap. Harry grabbed onto the bird as more tears fell from Harry's eyes. This time the food tray was left untouched.

For the rest of that day Harry laid down facing away from the nurses office, Flames laid with Harry's arms around not minding a thing. The bird just giving soleus to Harry's turmoil of emotions. Throughout the day the nurse heard coming over to Harry and then tottering about not eating or being a dramatic teen. No matter what Harry just faced the other way looking out the stain glass window or down at Flames; who seemed to know what Harry was going through without even saying anything.

Some time later Harry heard the door open but he didn't move just continued to hold on to Flames. "I know you're awake." The alto voice of Severus Snape filled the room. "Poppy has informed me that you have not eaten anything to day."

Harry slowly untangled himself letting Flames stretch his wings. "Care to join me at dinner?" Harry looked up at the question seeing two trays of food. Harry nodded sitting himself further up taking the tray from Severus. Silently they eat dinner in the each other's company.

"I know what the headmaster is doing is unfair, and you want to go home. After what you have been through, I can see where your reaction comes from." Severus said softly, "Your parents have been informed where you are and have made plans to get you. So never fail you will go home, no one can ignore a mother bear. Especially Lily Potter."

Harry couldn't help but snort at the image of his mom. After some silence Harry spoke after Flames warbled, "he doesn't agree with the headmaster."

"Pardon?"

Harry looked up at Severus, "Flames doesn't want to be in the presence of the headmaster till he recants his decisions."

It was Severus' turn to snort. "Well it was a enjoyable dinner. I will see you in the morning, Fw-Flames will call me if I am needed. Have a good night." Harry wished the man a good night as both phoenix and teen laid down again this time for the night.

After breakfast Harry found himself watching the headmaster of Hogwarts enter the Hospital wing. Immediately Flames flashed out of the room to show up again a second latter with a look of loathing to the Headmaster.

"Ah I see where you have been Fawkes now. Your treats haven't been eaten yet my friend." The phoenix gave him a pointed look and went back to preening Harry's hair.

"Harry my boy; I have come to see your progress and I am excited to see you doing well." Dumbledore said, "tell me, where you have been before arriving here."

Harry stayed silent, he was waiting for Severus. Which after five other questions being asked did Severus enter the Hospital wing. "Severus my boy what are you doing here? Don't you have class?"

"Harry has specifically asked for my presences should yours be given."

Dumbledore turned his quickly back at harry looking quite shocked at the knowledge. "Well I never came here to harm young Harry here I only told him his sorting with happening tonight at dinner."

"I want to go home."

"Harry, you are home this is going to be your home. You have a duty to stop Voldemort; I'm sorry my boy. Now that your have been found we have to get you ready for the confrontation."

"No I am not attending anything. This is not my school and will never be my home. I want to see my parents."

"You have no choice. I am sorry with what you went through." The man stood up heading for the door. "I will see you tonight at dinner."

Severus watched as Harry's fingers twitched knowing he had done something to the headmaster. A prankster never stops. "If you are so against this idea of the headmaster, which I assume you are. My quarters are available for you."

Harry only nodded touching Flames and they both vanished in a flicker of flames.