Chapter 6

I wake up exhausted and because I'm unable to move out of Luke's tight embrace, I decide not to get up. I was just resting my eyes when I heard Luke begin to stir from behind me.

"(y/n)." I heard his low whisper.

"What Luke?" I whisper back tiredly.

All I heard back was short heavy breaths escaping his lips.

"Fuck, (y/n)." My body tenses when I feel his definite bulge stiffen against my backside. He's still sleeping.

Well shit, what do I do now? Should I wake him? Pretend I'm sleeping until he wakes up?

I feel him tighten his grip on my stomach and I try to move it while simultaneously turning around to face him. My heart quickens when I see his eyelids flutter open.

He smiles at first but then realizes his little problem and his eyes widen.

"Fuck! Shit! (y/n) I'm sorry!" He says as he grabs a pillow and puts in front of his crotch, falling out of bed and tripping on my bra on the floor as he tries to stand up. I have to hold back a smile at how red his face is. He looks cute like this, all flustered.

"I'm just uhh, I'm gonna go." He says awkwardly, leaving the room. What the hell just happened? My hand flies up to my mouth as I try to contain my laughter.

After I get dressed, I go downstairs to get our stuff together for hunting. Twenty minutes later I hear Luke's footsteps walk down the stairs and he stands in the hallway, watching me pack.

"Are we going hunting today?" He asks.

"Yep. As soon as everything's set we'll leave." I say and he nods his head.

"Look, about this morning...It's been a long time since I've been with a girl...and an even longer time since I've slept with one...It's just...It's been awhile since- you know." He awkwardly explains.

"Let's just pretend it never happened, okay?" I say shaking my head.

"Yeah, definitely." He says as we pick up our stuff and head out the door.

We ended up catching a few squirrels, which is good enough for me. I skinned them as Luke started a fire to cook them. They weren't too bad, probably because we were both starving. When we're done eating we go back inside and secure the perimeter before we're done for the day.

I walk upstairs to see Luke already lying on my bed. It's a sight I've grown accustomed over the past few weeks of being home. Before bed we'd small talk about whatever. It was what kept us human. Most nights he stays and on the nights he doesn't, I have horrible nightmares that end up in him crawling into my bed and singing me back to sleep. He looks up and smiles when I climb onto it and sit next to him.

"Can you do me a favor?" He asks. "Can you ask me a question about myself that you don't already know."

"Okay...What was your family like?"

"Well my mom Liz was a math teacher. She cared for everybody, especially me and my brothers. She was a very loving person. My dad Andy was always the humorous one. Cracking jokes left and right. He had a laugh that could make any person smile. My older brothers Ben and Jack were always looking out for me. They of course teased me as brothers would do, but I know they loved me. We were all quite close." He smiles.

There's a moment of silence before I decide to speak up.

"I would always go to my older sister for advice; we shared everything with each other. Both my brother and my sister were straight A students so I always felt pressured to get good grades but I was never any good in school. Both of my parents were hard working. They did everything they could to provide for us. They never spoiled us, they made sure to raise us to work for what we wanted. My mom was who I would always go to when I was upset and she would always find a way to comfort me. My dad was like my best friend. We had the same sense of humor so there was never a dull moment. But what amazed me was their love for each other. They met when my mom was 12, and even after all this time they still look at each other with so much love in their eyes. I remember praying to god that I would find a love like that one day." He looks slightly surprised that I'm sharing this information with him. I'm a little surprised myself, but I have known him for over almost two months now, it's only normal to share things about myself right?