Chapter 7

LUKE'S P.O.V

I can feel the sunlight shining on me through the big window, it's bright even with my eyes closed. But I still feel cold. I reach out to pull (y/n) closer to me only to find that I'm alone in the big empty bed. I can feel myself frown before I open my eyes, squinting at the bright light.

Last night felt like a dream inside a dream. I'm really glad that (y/n) feels as comfortable with me as I do with her. I'm finally able to hold her in my arms and have it mean something other than just me making her feel safe. But I'm happy that I make her feel safe. She makes me feel the same. Just the thought of me being without her scares the shit out of me.

I take in a deep breath before I sit myself up and get some clothes on. When I open the bedroom door I hear the most beautiful sound coming from downstairs.

"Feet don't fail me now

Take me to the finish line

Oh my heart it breaks every step that I take

But I'm hoping at the gates,

They'll tell me that you're mine"

(y/n) sings slow and quietly. I close my eyes for a moment to just take in the sound of her voice.

"Walking through the city streets

Is it by mistake or design?

I feel so alone on the Friday nights

Can you make it feel like home, If i tell you you're mine?

It's like I told you honey,"

She sings as I tiptoe down the steps and into the hallway.

"Don't make me sad, don't make me cry

Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough

I don't know why

Keep making me laugh

Let's go get high

The road is long, we carry on

Try to have fun in the meantime"

I stand silently in the doorway of the kitchen where she is facing away from me. She truly is breathtaking.

"Come and take a walk on the wild side

Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain

You like your girls insane.

Choose your last words

This is the last time

Cause you and I,

We were born to die."

"I thought you said you had no hidden talents." I say, causing her to jump.

"Jesus, Luke you scared the piss out of me!" She says turning around.

"Sorry" I laugh. "You know, I don't like waking up to an empty bed." I say as I snake my arms around her waist, but she tenses up and moves out of my grip. I thought we were past this.

"I umm was making you breakfast." She says awkwardly, trying to play it off. I just stand there as she walks past me and pulls herself up to sit on the counter top.

"What, am I not allowed to touch you?" I say turning around to face her. She just stays quiet and looks down at her hands in her lap.

I walk over to her and stand between her legs, my hands on either side of her on the counter. "What are you so afraid of?"