47

Rosalie and Alice had cleaned Bella and changed her the next day. I couldn't bare walking within a five foot radius of that room, especially when the memories of what had happened were so raw.

Somehow, I'd managed to bag myself a few hours of sleep through the night with Renesmee. I felt as if I was her mother and the entire situation felt wrong to me but I would look after her until Bella woke up.

If she woke up.

I was still in pieces, my heart shattered into bits but between Jacob and Renesmee I was just managing to keep my head above water. The family were great as well and I didn't mind their not so subtle ways of checking up on me. In the last few months I had became an extended part of their family, Carlisle's quite literally.

Speaking of, he was very apprehensive towards my mental state. He didn't want me to crumble now and neither did I but I was really trying my hardest. Carlisle was there with me every step of the way, letting me release whatever emotion I needed, listening to me as Renesmee slept in my arms.

The entire family were there for me, we were here for each other but at the minute the only thing keeping us going was the hope that Bella would make it.

I had been so lost with the days that I hadn't even realised we'd moved on to a new month, let alone what day it was. When Alice came skipping into the living room excitedly I locked eyes with Jacob across the room in confusion as he held Ness before looking back to the petite vampire.

She came over to me as I relaxed on the sofa and grinned, "Happy birthday!"

Alice pulled a small bag from behind her back and held it out in front of me. My lips parted in surprise and I looked emotionally up to her, "Alice.. you shouldn't—"

"—It's not just me." She told me, "It's from all of us."

I took the small pink bag from her and opened it, Alice remained in front of me as the rest of the family watched me. I pulled the card out but as I went to open it Alice snatched it out of my hand and tossed it on to the coffee table, "You can open that later, it's just a piece of card."

I glanced up at her with a small smile before returning to the bag. Inside were two small black boxes, one square and the other rectangular. I reached for the square one and picked it up, opening the lid. Inside laid a golden chain wrapped around a velvet cushion and with a small gasp I picked it up. It was so delicate yet simple at the same time, a gorgeous bracelet.

"God, you guys.." I muttered, "Thank you."

"Open the other one!" Alice beamed, excitement flew through her as if it were her birthday.

"Okay." I replied with a breathy laugh, picking up the second box.

The lid on this one slid off and inside sat a set of car keys. My eyes widened in shock, my jaw dropping, "What the fu—"

"—Ah-ah." Rosalie cut me off, pointing to the very aware Renesmee sat facing me in Jacobs arms.

I chewed on my bottom lip and shook my head, "Carlisle, there's no way I can take this."

"It's the least we can do." Esme responded from the armchair where Carlisle stood behind her, "After everything you've done for our family."

"And we can't have you running around Forks like a vampire." Emmett said amused, "You needed a new car."

He was right, I did need a new car after my engine quite literally exploded two days ago.

"I don't know how I'll ever be able to repay you guys."