59 - BC.2

CLOCKS — Coldplay

• • •

"Soph?"

I jumped in shock as I perched on the edge of the bath in the bathroom. I heard footsteps padding closer and in a hurry rushed around frantically for somewhere to hide it.

"Ju-just a minute!" I callered back.

I grabbed a tissue and wrapped it around the stick before putting it in my back pocket and pulling my jumper over it, away from the prying and nosey eyes.

The bathroom door opened and Alice stood on the other side with a small frown, "Everything all right? You've been up here for a while."

I nodded and stood up, playing it coolly, "How'd you know I wasn't having a shit or something?" I asked nonchalantly, "Can't you knock?"

Alice looked at me confused as I passed her out into the hall. I was overly aware of the stick poking out my back pocket but I was damn thankful for Paul's oversized jumpers, "I thought something was wrong."

I laughed innocently, "I'm fine." I reassured her.

Alice nodded, slipping straight back into whatever else was on her mind, "Okay, great. Well, the games all set up.. we're just waiting on you."

I nodded, sliding my hands into my front pockets, "Bella and Ness here?"

"Yeah they got here a few minutes ago."

"Great." I smiled, "Let's go."

Alice grinned and followed me down the stairs and all the way down all I could think about was how I was going to tell Paul. I was still in major shock myself and I could only imagine how he'd react when I told him this.

I stepped into the front room to see the family sat around the large marble counter, chairs pulled up to accommodate us all. Carlisle and Edward were the only two sat on the sofa as the rest of the family were sat waiting.

I arched a brow, "What's wrong Cullen?" I asked my brother-in-law, "Is your ego still recovering from me beating you seven times last time?"

Edward smiled at me sarcastically, "I'm gonna sit this one out today." Was his response, "Bella's still mad I lost all that money to you."

As I sat down at the table I caught my sister glare at her husband. Two hundred dollars down for them, two hundred dollars up for me — victory was sweet.

"I'm mad that you egged her on." Bella justified, "We all know the only reason she agreed to that bet was because you thought she couldn't do it."

Edward sighed exasperated, "I didn't think she could!"

"Dad, even I know not to make bets with aunt Soph." Renesmee said to her father, settling down in the chair next to mine, she resembled a young teenager now. Over the few years her growth hadn't been as fast as it was the first few months after she was born but she still grew at an abnormal rate.

"Whatever can we just play?" Emmett asked agitated, probably sick of waiting for us all, "I just wanna play."

"You're partly the reason Edward lost that bet." Rosalie told her mate with an arched brow. She had been bummed out that I hadn't brought Carter over with me but he was spending the day with Paul and his dad today.

"Exactly!" Edward agreed, "So technically Emmett should give Sophia half and I give her half."

"You made the bet, Cullen. Not him." I said to Edward, "We were the two that shook."