Chapter 1~Newbie

It is your first day working at Membrane Labs. You know exactly what to expect though you are still anxious. Working with Professor Membrane himself...just the thought of him made you blush. You walked to the laboratory on foot. Once you got there you stood in front of it in awe.

I'm here...

You walked in you were politely greeted by a few of the the other workers. One stood out to you a bit. He had light blonde hair and a name tag with the name Dr. Loy on it. Without hesitation the one presumably named Dr. Loy stood up and shook your hand excitedly. You were very caught off guard by this, but the fellow scientist eventually let go. He slightly bowed and held his hands behind his back respectfully.

"Y/n L/n, is it?" He smiled. "My name is Clarence Loy and I will be showing you around."

Each floor was covered in dark linoleum tiles. The walls however, a clean ivory. Dr. Loy showed where each bathroom, meeting room and break room was. Geez this place is huge... Finally he stopped. The scientist bowed his head again. As you walked to the door with the worker you read the sign.

"Professor Membrane"

You froze, were you going to be working with him? You thought hard about this. You never thought you'd be working with him. The tour guide tapped you on the shoulder and gave you a polite smile. "You've got this!" You smiled back as you walked towards the door. Grabbing the handle your knees almost buckled. I can't do this... The worker tapped you again, in a more urgent manner. "Go on" With your clammy hands, you finally opened the door.

There he was.

You saw a tall man, about 6' 9", with black hair styled into a single gravity defying zig-zag. His goggles and lab coat both blocked his face, yet you were still able to detect a smile. "Good morning Ms. Y/N" he said in a sweet, but low voice. He reached out for a handshake. When your hand met his you really realized how small yours was. "G-good morning to you too Professor Membrane." You could barely let out a single sentence.

"From this moment on, you will be considered my assistant. Which means I will have to show you around." He let go of your hand and began walking towards a set of desks. You followed suit. He went on and on about how to use each machine and what you'd be doing, such as faxing papers and helping with speeches. Though after about ten minutes of talking he just stopped.

"Sir?" He seemed to be paying attention now. "Are you alright, Sir?" You believed that you saw him smile, it was hard to tell with his collar in the way of course.

"Yes! Also... you can call me anything you'd like by the way. I don't mind" you felt your face get hot. "Now the real question is are you alright Y/N?"

Without hesitation I blurted out "Me? Oh yeah I'm fine!"

The man came towards you. He came so close you could almost see his eyes behind his foggy goggles. The professor grabbed your chin and seemed to be looking for something. As he studied your face you felt it getting even hotter than before. You were burning up. There was no stopping it. Why the hell is he so close?

"It's interesting, really. You say you're fine though you seem to be flustered...or maybe even anxious. Am I scaring you in any way?"

"No. Of course not. I'm just... a bit overwhelmed." you almost brought your hand up wanting to move his from your face. He looked down, your fingers twitched a bit as you struggled to keep still.

"I still don't believe you." He let go of your face and you looked down.

"Do you get anxious that easily?" You nodded thinking that would make him go away, not in a rude way though. You thought wrong. He sat in the chair beside you and studied your face once again. "I don't want to be too hard on you during your first day, but you should've told me sooner. If you ever have a problem just warn me. I have been working with people like you recently." Once again you could sense a small smile.

Maybe this isn't so bad...

Author's Note

I am remaking this story and I am so sorry lmao. I hated the original one so I am just scrapping most of it.

(Edited Again: Feb 24th 2020)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OG Author's Note

Wassup homies I'm here with another science daddy fic. I wanted to test out the "x reader" style a bit. I will be adding to this when I feel like it. Also please suggest stuff for future chapters... I wrote this out of nowhere at 2 o'clock this morning.

Quick fact about the author: Fae is too shy to put her own name in an x reader so she uses random names and ocs. (Examples: Elisha x Gaster, Vivian x Membrane, Reina x Kyoya etc.)

Word Count: 863