C h a p t e r T h i r t e e n

Sting's POV

Y/n hasn't turned up to the guild in five days now, since the day I broke up with her. It worries me a lot, but I broke up with her for a reason.

The guild has been quiet and there were no fun fights going on. The people in Sabertooth weren't as lively as they were before. Maybe this could be because of Y/n's absence.

"Sting," Rogue spoke to get my attention, "We're heading off to Y/n's place now."

"Okay," I nodded. Rogue and Minerva are constantly going to Y/n's place now and they notify me every time. I don't know why, maybe they feel like they need to make me aware of what I've done or something.

I do wonder what they're doing at Y/n's place though.

Sighing, I took a piece of paper from the pile of documents I had to finish off, and started writing a little. I didn't get very far. I just couldn't seem to concentrate.

Slamming my head on the table in frustration, I threw my pen at the wall.

I opened the door to my office to leave, and slammed it loudly behind me, going downstairs to the bar.

"I'll take as many shots as I need to knock me out," I groaned and spoke to Yukino.

"I don't think that's a good idea," Yukino shook her head, "I'm going to give you something else."

I groaned even louder. I just wanted to pass out for a bit. She wouldn't let me though. I guess she wants me to suffer after what I did to Y/n. Everyone does.

I never realised how close Y/n was with everyone. It's surprising. I never thought she had that big of an impact on the Sabertooth members. I guess it's like what everyone says: 'you don't know what you have until it's gone.'

I chose to break up with her though. That was my decision. No one else's. If that's the case then why do I feel so empty without her?

Y/n's POV

It's been five days. I've stopped crying now. I'm tired of crying about it.

"Morning..." I heard Minerva speak as she walked in with a tray of food.

"I'm not hungry," I shook my head.

"You have to eat," Rogue sighed, "Trust me, you'll appreciate it when you start to feel better."

Reluctantly, I shovelled the food into my mouth before pushing the rest of the tray away.

"Do you want to go out today?" Minerva asked me, "We can go to a cafe, or a theme park, or a park...or...or the guild?"

"I'll pass," I responded stoically. I didn't feel like moving. I didn't feel like talking. I didn't feel like doing anything. My body felt heavy and my eyes were struggling to stay open. All I've done is sleep lately, but I'm still exhausted.

Maybe I should've paid more attention to him when he was mine. I wonder if he's found a new girlfriend yet.

"You should talk to Sting," Rogue suddenly spoke. His name hurts. My heart tore itself apart when I heard it, "I know it's not what you want to hear right now, but Sting is struggling himself too."

"Why would he be?" I laughed bitterly, "He's the one that broke up with me. He should be happy."

"But he's not," Minerva spoke, stunning me into silence. Why would Sting be affected? After all, it was his decision, "Come on, everyone at the guild misses you."

I debated whether or not to go, but eventually nodded. I changed into one of my comfiest outfits and let Minerva and Rogue lead me to the guild.

Every step was more exhausting than the last. When we opened the door, everyone was frozen and silent before cheering loudly.

"Y/n! We missed ya!" Orga shouted.

"Yeah! We did!" Yukino joined in.

"Hi," I waved awkwardly. I should've just stayed at home. Although I didn't want to be here, I couldn't help but look for a certain blonde dragon slayer.

As expected, he was nowhere to be seen.

Minerva and Rogue lead me to the table we used to always sit at. Rufus, Orga, Yukino, Minerva, Rogue and...him, but obviously he's not here. I wonder if he ever will be.

"Hey! I challenge you to a fight!" Orga spoke to me.

"Maybe next time," I shook my head, exhausted.

"Are you worried you'll lose?" Orga smirked. He knew I'd usually react because of my competitive nature, but I just couldn't bring myself to be like that. It was too tiring.

"I need a walk," I stood up.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Minerva asked.

"It's okay," I turned and walked out the doors.

Sting's POV

I smelt her scent in the guild. Immediately, the guild was livelier again. I couldn't see her though. I didn't want to see her after that day. It hurt too much.

I realised her scent left the guild so I walked out and looked around. The coast was clear, she wasn't here. Then it reappeared.

"Minerva, I forgot to say-" I heard Y/n say, but her voice cut off. I turned and saw her eyes wide as she saw me. Her eyes watered as they met mine and I could see how much pain she was in.

She looked so...broken. I just wanted to reach out and hug her, tell her everything would be okay. I wanted to kiss her and tell her how much I love her.

Even if I wanted to, I didn't have the chance to as she sprinted out.

"WAIT, Y/N!" I shouted, running after her. I lost her scent for a bit before I smelt it again. She was in the forest.

As I ran further and further in, the magic energy was getting more intense. Then there was a big vibration. I ducked when I felt the earth move. All the trees bent away from the central before springing back up.

What the hell was that? I almost thought it was Zeref, but it wasn't his magic energy... I think I know who's it is though...

I got up and continued running to the scent. I realised as I was getting closer, the trees looked more and more dead, until I reached the middle. All of them were dead. The grass was dead. There wasn't a single sound.

Right in the middle of it, in a large hole in the ground, was Y/n, curled into a ball, unconscious with her eyes closed.

How the hell did she manage to do all this?