C h a p t e r F o r t y F o u r

(Author's Note: Remember to check out the new book - Tell Me The Truth (Cobra/Erik x Reader) - that will start once this book ends! And get at my Instagram @ STINGSWIFEY if you want updates on my book and anime edits!)

Sting's POV

With my enhanced sense of smell, I could smell her in the sky, I could smell her fear, and I could smell Dhutia's filthy scent.

With my enhanced sense of hearing, I could hear a scream from her and Dhutia's disgusting laugh.

With my enhanced sense of sight, I could...I could...UM- IS HE STRANGLING MY GIRLFRIEND? OH NO, NOT TODAY! NOT TODAY DHUTIA! YOU BETTER BACK OFF! I could see his hand around Y/n's neck and she was struggling against his grip.

I immediately worked harder, making my wings wave faster, thrashing the clouds I flew past. We were really high up.

I don't think they had spotted me yet until I let out a loud roar. Y/n turned to see what made the sound and immediately smiled, her eyes sparkling when she saw that it was me. Dhutia, on the other hand, surprisingly faced me with eyes full of fear.

I soared past the hot air balloon, the air rocking it so Dhutia lost his balance and let go of Y/n who fell to the floor, coughing and spluttering as she caught her breath back.

"Get on my back," I hurried Y/n as she quickly climbed over the hot air balloon's basket and onto my back whilst Dhutia was trying to get back up from his fall.

"YOU ALWAYS GET IN THE WAY!" Dhutia shouted when he got up, shooting an attack at me. It was a purple orb which I managed to slip away from. He wasn't using Y/n's magic? His magic is weaker than Y/n's, so why would he use his own if he could beat me with hers?

Is that why he's afraid? He only beat me in my dragon form easily last time because he had his as well as Y/n's magic! Does he not have her abilities anymore?

"WHITE DRAGON ROAR!" I, well, I roared. My magic was so much stronger in dragon form that it exploded the whole hot air balloon. I flew backwards so that Y/n wouldn't get hurt by the explosion.

I felt her snuggle into me.

"I missed you," She whispered, but I could hear it. Her voice was music to my ears. I wouldn't dream of ignoring it. She could talk all day and I'd never get bored of it, "I was so scared that it was really you. He was so thoughtless with his words that I thought you wanted to break up with me."

That angered me even more. He could've hurt my relationship with Y/n! NO WAY AM I LOSING HER AGAIN! Firstly, because Rogue would never stop scolding me like last time, but most importantly because I love her! I want to spend the rest of my life with her and no one can change my mind.

"OI DHUTIA! WHY'D YOU MAKE ME SOUND LIKE SUCH A JERK FOR?!" I shouted.

"BECAUSE YOU ARE ONE!" He shouted back when the explosion's smoke disappeared, revealing a very angry Dhutia in the middle of it.

"WHITE DRAGON WING ATTACK!" I casted, making him fall backwards. Meanwhile, I quickly flew to the field below us, letting Y/n get off so she'd be safer before getting hit. I was thrown to the side by Dhutia's beam of darkness. With a growl, I set off again, flying up to the sky.

Y/n's POV

Dhutia and Sting were fighting. Attacks were being thrown and received. Sting was getting really hurt, but he still continued fighting. He saved me and now I can't even help him back.

"DHUTIA!" I shouted loud enough for him to hear me and look down, getting shot by Sting's white dragon roar since he was distracted. I mentally high-fived myself for that.

"WHAT?!" He shouted back, now keeping his eyes on Sting so he wouldn't get hit again.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!" I screamed when Sting got hit again. It hurt me so much that he was getting hurt, and furthermore, he was getting hurt because of me. Tears were streaming down my face as I wished it would all stop, "JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!"

"Not a chance Y/n," He snarled as Sting roared in pain from Dhutia's attack that left a hole in his wing, "I'm going to destroy your pathetic boyfriend once and for all!"

"Not if I destroy you first!" Sting yelled back.

"Try and say that to me again when I've ripped your wing off," Dhutia snarled.

"WELL YOU AREN'T RIPPING MY MOUTH OFF, ARE YOU? SO OF COURSE I CAN STILL SAY THAT TO YOU!" Sting bellowed.

"YOU ARE SO INFURIATING!" Dhutia roared.

I felt so useless. He was getting hurt because of me! I can't even do anything because I can't get up there.

"DHUTIA!" I was getting angry now. I felt my temperature rise. Who the hell does Dhutia think he is, beating up the love of my life? I looked at my hands that were shaking slightly. It wasn't fear. It wasn't anger. It was power.

I felt something inside of me open.

Sting's POV

"WHY IS SHE GLOWING?!" Dhutia exclaimed, shooting an attack at me whilst looking down at Y/n who was now radiating some sort of light. I dodged his attack, my eyes also glued to Y/n, "YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS SO WEIRD!"

"SHUT UP!" I shot an attack at him which spun him back, "DON'T TALK ABOUT HER THAT WAY!"

"DUDE! NORMAL GIRLFRIENDS DON'T JUST RANDOMLY START GLOWING!" He shouted once he caught his balance, dodging my white orbs.

"YOU WOULDN'T KNOW! YOU AREN'T EVEN IN A RELATIONSHIP!" I shouted back.

"DHUTIA!"

Then we felt an electric pulse. It came from below. Y/n. She was the centre of it. I looked down to see her. She looked really mad, like, she was really angry. I'm not exaggerating.

To my surprise, two large white wings stretched out from behind her. Even her outfit changed. She was now wearing a flowing white dress that made her look like an absolute angel.

"Aww, she's an angel," I practically had hearts in my eyes when I saw her. She looked breathtakingly beautiful.

"THAT'S NOT AN ANGEL!" Dhutia panicked. It must've been because he could feel the magic energy that Y/n was giving off. She was in her goddess form, "THAT'S A FREAKING DEMON!"

"DHUTIA! I'M COMING FOR YOU, YOU SINGLE BARE-FOOTED LONER!" She flew upwards towards us. She was so graceful as she headed for Dhutia, but the expression on her face made it clear that she was not coming up here for a tea party. She was going to beat Dhutia to a pulp.

"Great, you made her mad," I gulped, "Good job Dhutia, it was nice knowing you."