Chapter 1

"Addy, I feel stupid." Zed whined. She rolled her eyes and smiled up at him, their 2 year old daughter dressed up as a fairy princess on her hip.

"Why? It's the perfect last minute costume! Put on your old zombie uniform and some black makeup, VOILA!" She threw up her free arm dramatically like she was a magician.

"Wala!" Little Kynzlee giggled and mimicked her mommy as closely as she could. Zed chuckled and leaned in to kiss his precious daughter's forehead, then his wife's lips.

"I do thoroughly enjoy seeing you in that cheer uniform again." He whispered sensually. She giggles and kisses him again.

"Maybe I'll let you do all the things you wished you could've done in high school after trick-or-treating." She countered with an equally sexy tone.

"TRICK-TREAT! TRICK-TREAT!" Kynzlee suddenly started chanting. Zed and Addison laughed and grabbed her pumpkin bucket before heading out to go meet up with Bree and Bonzo with their son down the street.

_________________________

They got into a groove, Addison and Bree would take the toddlers up to the doors, said toddlers would get candy, then rush back to their daddies to show them what they got. Everything was going great. The kids were having fun and the parents got to catch up between houses.

"Well well. What do we have here?" Eliza asked the kids as they walked up to her house.

"Fairy! Fairy!" Kynzlee exclaimed.

"Bot!" Bree and Bonzo's son Matthew joined.

"A fairy and a robot coming up to me for candy?"

"Candy! Candy!" The two toddlers cheered. Eliza laughed and handed them both some candy bars before turning back to her high school buddies. She saw that Bree and Bonzo had on costumes to theme along with Matthew's as transformers, and Addison was in her old cheer uniform, then she looked at Zed who looked zombiefied.

"Um, I'm guessing you didn't have time to figure out a costume?" She pointed out.

"Coming from the one not dressed up at all." Zed says with a scowl.

"I'm not the one out trick-or-treating with my kid!" Eliza laughed. "Speaking of, where did the little munchkins go?" She asked looking around their legs.

"Rahr!" Matthew exclaimed as he jumped out of the bushes at his parents.

"Silly boy!" Bree cooed as she scooped up her son. "Where's Kynz?" The little boy shrugged.

"I'll go find her." Zed assured Addison and their friends before hurrying off towards the street filled with other children.

"Kynzlee! Where are you, Princess?" He called. When he finally saw her, she was with an elderly couple chatting it up with her baby babble that they could barely understand more than 2 words at a time, but seemed to be thoroughly entertained by his daughter nonetheless. He sighed in relief and kept his eyes on her, so he wouldn't lose her again, as he made his way over.

Unfortunately, not watching where he was going in an unfamiliar yard meant he would trip over a birdbath that he cracked his shin on and started groaning and limping in pain, still making his way towards his daughter and the elders.

"Rogue zombie!" The old lady screamed. Zed looked up just as the old man raised his hand gun pointed directly at him. He sucks in a breath and his eyes go wide but the trigger was already pulled.

His eyes were on his daughter in the elderly woman's arms, watching her expression in horror, as he was pierced by the bullet in his stomach. Anything he felt before this was completely forgotten. The pain was excruciating, time seemed to slow, he couldn't breath, and his ears were ringing. He started to taste the metallic liquid that filled his mouth then trickled down his chin. He held his torso and fell to his knees.