Meeting Snow White

Maggie, Lucky Jack, and Grace walked through the forest-like area into town. However, the town looked more like a ghost town to them since there weren't any signs of life... Yet.

"So let me get this straight. We're inside that book?" Grace asked.

"No doubt about it," Maggie said.

"I don't see any civilians here. I wonder where they are," Lucky Jack said while looking around.

"I don't have a good feeling about this," said Grace, who also looked around.

"Ah, come on, Grace. No one is going to hurt your pretty head. Not as long as Lucky Jack and Auntie Maggie are here," Maggie said.

Grace rolled her eyes a bit when Maggie called herself 'Auntie Maggie'.

"I still wonder where Mrs. Calloway and Buck are," Grace said.

"I hear you, missy. I sure hope nothing bad has happened to them," Lucky Jack said.

"Don't worry, guys. We'll find them," Maggie said.

Suddenly, a door slammed shut and the cows and rabbit heard the sound.

"Did you hear that?" Grace asked.

"Yes, someone closed his or her door. This is just like the time when I arrived for the first time in Patch of Heaven," Maggie said.

"Maybe we should show the folks here that we ain't dangerous," Lucky Jack said.

"Maybe I can do that," Grace said and skipped towards one of the houses. She knocked on the door. "Hello?! My name is Grace. And me and my friends mean no harm."

She waited for a response, but no one opened the door. Grace looked through the window.

"Is... Anyone there?" Grace asked.

Suddenly, the curtains were closed in front of her. She tried various houses, but all ended with the same result. She walked back towards her friends.

"That's strange. No one wants to come out. What if they're scared?" Grace asked.

"I'm sure they just want to be left alone," Lucky Jack said.

"I'm not sure why they're scared, but we need to go further. I think we should start at that castle. Let's go, everyone," Maggie said.

Everyone walked towards the castle. After a few minutes of walking, they stopped at one of the castle walls.

"I wonder who lives here," Lucky Jack said.

"A king? A queen? A prince? A princess?" Grace asked.

"Guys, focus. We've got two problems at the moment. We don't know if there will be a way back to Patch of Heaven and we don't know where Mrs. Calloway and Buck are," Maggie said.

"Don't panic, Maggie. There will be a way out. And we will find Buck and Mrs. Calloway," Grace said while placing a hoof on Maggie's shoulder.

Suddenly, they heard something. It was like someone was humming a song.

"Hear that?" Lucky Jack asked.

"I hear it, Jack," Maggie said.

"It sure sounds lovely. I wonder where it's coming from," Grace said.

"Only one way to find out. We'll climb over the walls," Maggie said.

"But how are we going to do that?" Grace asked.

Maggie thought a bit, and suddenly, an idea came up. "Wait here."

Maggie ran in the direction of the town. After a few minutes of waiting, she finally returned with a ladder.