Beware of Strangers

It was morning, the sun shone through the window. The eyes of the cows and Snow White slowly opened. Mrs. Calloway yawned cutely and looked around. Maggie and Mrs. Calloway had slept apart while Grace slept with Snow White. The soft fur of the yellow cow helped Snow White sleep even better.

"Good morning, girls. Good morning, Snow White," Mrs. Calloway said.

The other two cows and Snow White said their 'Good morning' to Mrs. Calloway.

"Did you all sleep well?" Snow White asked.

"Yeah. It was good," Maggie said, stretching a bit.

"We should sleep like this more often," Grace said.

"I know, right?" Maggie said.

Snow White sniffed the air because she smelled something. Something delicious.

"Do any of you smell that?" Snow White asked.

The cows sniffed, too. "Mmmm. It smells good. It's pancakes," Grace said.

"Come on. Let's go downstairs," Maggie said and went out of the bedroom.

"What are pancakes?" Snow White asked.

"What? You don't know what pancakes are?" Maggie asked in shock.

Snow White shook her head.

"Why, it's one of *the* best food," Grace said.

"We'll show you, dear," Mrs. Calloway said and went out of the bedroom with the rest following.

While they walked down the stairs, they saw that all the seven dwarfs and Buck were sitting on the table. Lucky Jack had woken up earlier to make everyone some breakfast. He was indeed baking pancakes. He flipped them now and then. The dwarfs and Buck were waiting patiently.

"Just a few minutes, boys, and the first ones are ready," Lucky Jack told the dwarfs and Buck.

Snow White and the cows took their seats on the table.

"Good morning, everyone," Snow White said.

"Good morning, Princess. Good morning, girls," the boys said.

"Did you all sleep well?" Mrs. Calloway asked.

"Like I said, we were very comfortable," Doc said.

"And you, Buck?"

"I slept great! Thanks for asking," Buck said while he stretched a bit.

"What about you, Jack?" Grace asked.

"It was a'ight. It was difficult at first, but luckily I fell asleep," Lucky Jack answered.

Sleepy rubbed the rabbit's head. Then Lucky Jack went back to get the first pancakes. Once he got them and began to walk back to the table, he suddenly slipped on a wet spot on the floor, causing him to fling the pancakes into the air.

The others gasped. Some of them covered their eyes, not wanting to see a nasty accident.

The careless rabbit looked up and sprang to his feet. "Dagnabbit!" And just before the pancakes could hit the ground, he caught them just in time with his ears, arms, and right foot, which was his peg leg.

"This happens all the time," he said.

Amused, Dopey and Happy clapped their hands in approval while the others sighed in relief.

"Oh, the poor thing," Snow White giggled.

Lucky Jack then regained his balance and returned to the table with the pancakes. "Here you go, everyone. Enjoy," he said and went to check the other pancakes.