Chapter 23

Millie

I wake up naked and in Finn's arms. It's becoming a habit—a planned one, but one all the same. His hand is latched onto my breast like it always is. I think he'd surgically attach it if he could. I don't get guys and their obsession with boobs. Not that I have huge ones, but I still struggle with guys talking to my chest instead of my face.

Finn moves behind me and I can tell by the change in his breathing that he's waking up. He shifts, his hand tightens and I know he's really awake.

"Even in your sleep all you think about is sex," I tease.

"Can you blame me? I'm good at it," he nudges a knee between my legs. I moan it feels so good, but I have stuff I need to do. Plus, I'm not sure if we're supposed to do the morning after thing. We usually don't. I always leave.

"I can't." I jump out of the bed before he can change my mind. He looks all rumpled and sexy and I want nothing more than to climb back into bed with the jerk.

"I'll be right back." I pull on his shirt and a pair of shorts before heading to the bathroom. I see bodies lying in the living room. This place is always packed with people. I know it's Josh and not Finn, but it still gets frustrating.

I go to the bathroom and then brush my teeth with the toothbrush I hid here. When I head back into the room, Finn looks like he's already passed out again. The guy can sleep more than anyone I know. His school schedule isn't full time, but I wonder sometimes if he ever goes.

"I should go... I have homework to do." I grab my bag so I can get into my own clothes. I probably should have done that from the beginning, but there's something hot about wearing a guy's clothes that makes a girl feel sexy... Loved. Not that I want to be loved by him or anyone else, but still.

Finn opens his eyes. He shrugs like what's he's about to say isn't a big deal, but the nerves in my stomach tell me it is.

"So do it here. I have some to do too."

Something happens inside my chest. I've been really good at keeping him at arm's length so far. We're nothing alike. I think he hates me half the time and we don't belong together. We're a means to an end, but with his simple request, I begin to soften inside. It's that stupid girl heart-pounding, hearts-floating-by-my-head thing. Where the guy who fights so hard to keep the distance, does something so small, it's huge. I can't help but let it inside. Let it mean something.

I should leave. Run right now because Finn and I wouldn't work. It wouldn't be like it was with Jacob. He could really hurt me—not just my pride.

"Don't. You're looking at me funny. Don't do that, Tiny Dancer." His voice isn't angry at all. It almost sounds confused. "It's just homework. I had my mouth on you...I was inside you last night. Don't make a big deal out of nothing."

I roll my eyes, trying to play it off. "I didn't do anything. Sounds like you're the one making it a big deal. Do you want me to fall for you, Finn?" I want to tease him and call him Finnie like his mom does, but any kind of joking that has to do with her doesn't feel right.

He doesn't answer my question, but says, "Is your stuff in your car?"

"Yeah. I'll run and get it."

Finn shakes his head. "I'll go. I'm sure the house is packed with passed-out assholes."

Again my insides soften to him. Another simple gesture, but again something really sweet.

Sitting on the bed, I take in the view while Finn gets dressed. I can tell he knows I'm watching, but I also know he's cocky enough to get off on it. He only slips on a pair of sweats and no shirt before he disappears. He's gone for about five minutes so I assume he went to clean up too. When he gets back in the room, Finn closes the door and tosses me my backpack.