chapter 1: Where it all starts

Khayla's First day as a Junior at Mckensley High School. "Have a good day" Says Khayla's mom. Rushing to get to work.

"Man I miss My friends, I wish I didn't have to come here" Khayla Thinks. Waving at her mom, watching her drive away. She finally walks up to the school door, to be bumped and pushed inside by other students trying to get inside too. Annoyed with the crowd of the school, she finally makes it to her locker. "Ugh! Come on! OPEN!" "BOOM". Kayla falls to the ground as the locker door bursts open. Surprised and butt hurt literally. Khayla feels like her morning has already started bad. Until she hears a boy "Damn Ma' I seen that. You good?" He says. "Im good , pride hurt a little" She said Sarcastically. Reaching out his hand to help her up, she looks up just to see. A boy 5"8 Dark Chocolate soft skin, a crispy fade, straight white teeth, a smile and dimples to die for and Big pretty eyes to melt your heart. Khayla got nervous quickly. But stared at him in gloat while she took his hand. "I'm Johnni by the way, Your name?" he said. Saved by the bell! "Thanks for helping" Ran off Khayla without telling him her name. She finally makes it to her class late! Because she couldn't find it, just to realize Johnni is in the same class too. Khayla found it to be funny to be one empty chair left in the class. That would only be next to him, in the back of the classroom. Khayla didn't want to sit by him. Specially cause the thoughts of attraction was getting to her as she walked closer to her seat beside him. Watching him smile at her with that beautiful smile and dimples was making her melt. But Hell! She couldn't help but to stare. He was fine! But Khayla has a boyfriend at a different school. Which now makes everything complicated.

"God knew what he was doing when he made her" Said Johnni, to his friend Bryan. Bryan whispered "Who?" In confusion. Looking to see who he was talking about. He nodded his head to the left of him where Khayla sat. Bryan leans back and looks over next to him. *Glancing at Khayla* Sits a Pretty Dark Chocolate Braceface girl, with Curly medium long hair pulled in two pony tails, ( Sis edges laid), and Bright hazel eyes. *Leaning backforward* "Bro you not even her type..?, I might be though." Said Bryan. "Oh word ? How much you wanna bet big fella" Said Johnni. "If you don't get her.... I drive your Lambo for a week, I give you two weeks" said Bryan. "BET!" Said Johnni. "Shutup foo!!," *whispered Bryan* "You too loud" Said Bryan. Johnni looks over at Khayla and looks at her rubbing his chin with a smirk. Looking her up and down he could see her little booty, and he chuckles a little bit. Thinking how this should be easy. But oh soon to find out how he finna be in a run for his money.

Pulling out her books, paper, and pencils for class. She listens for student roll call. Writing her name and date on paper as the teacher get close to her name, she glances and sees Johnni staring at her weird, but devilish.. like he has a plan. A plan that she'd like to find out about. She ignores him anyways still. As the teacher calls her name "Khayla Love" She still had Johnni getting in her head. Not paying attention still, the girl next to her taps her arm. "Is that you girl?" The girl said. "OH! Yes...HERE" Khayla Said. The girl then whispers to Khayla "You must be new I'm Jasmine". Khayla says hi. Jasmine in confusion "He looking at you" nodding at Johnni. Khayla then looks next to her to find him smiling huge now that he knows her name. "Khayla love, I can give you all the love you need baby" Johnni Said, Teasing her. Khayla then looks at him and rolls her eyes. In Disbelief, Jasmine says "Girl! Do you know who he is?" Khayla Bored of talking about him already. "No I don't and I don't care either" Khayla Said. "Girl he wants you, I've seen em all chase him. But you the only one so far I've seen him watch" Jasmine said. Khayla annoyed with the convo, she cuts off Jasmine "I have boyfriend already" Khayla said. "Well then" says Jasmine. Trying to Finish her classwork The bell rings. She rushes off to her locker dropping a book on the way out. Finally to her locker for the last class of the day. Johnni walks up with her book "You dropped this KHAYLA!" Teasing her. Khayla turns around, disturbed when she hears his familiar voice. "Thank you, Johnni you're so nice" she replied sarcastically. Johnni ignoring her sarcasm, "So when can I take you out? While I'm here" Johnni said. Khayla looks him up and down with a smirk on her face and says "Well while you're here...Ummm (Pretending to be in deep thought) NO. Slams her locker and walks off. Johnni left standing there alone, baffled that she even said No. Khayla walks off laughing to herself. But being asked out made her confident, even a little cocky about it. She knew his pride would be hurt. Finally making it to her class. Luckily he wasn't in this class with her. Khayla sees Jasmine and sits next to her. Laughing and talking while doing their work she finally mentions that Johnni asked her out. Jasmine eyes grew big. She was overly interested and listening. Khayla then tells Jasmine she told Johnni No, and cracks up laughing about it. Jasmine confused "You said what to him?". "I told him NO THANK YOU, Jasmine" Replied Khayla. Jasmine then starts talking about how interested he is in her. Khayla blows her breathe, annoyed. "Jasmine didn't I tell you I had a boyfriend". Jasmine then replies "You can have all the boyfriends you want. Never put all your eggs in one basket boys never do".While pulling out her phone showing Khayla all five of her boyfriends. Khayla scrolls through her pictures shaking her head. "I'm good, I love my boyfriend. Johnni is Cute but I'm in love" Khayla said. *Rolling her eyes* "Girl you crazy, you'll never know what he doing over there" Jasmine replied. Before Khayla could respond the bell rings. Rushing to her locker she by passes Johnni in some girl face. She then turns her nose up at him, smiling ignoring her he keeps talking to the girl. "She ugly" Khayla says under her breathe. But quickly grasp why she said that and why she suddenly is jealous a little bit. Slamming her locker to get his attention, checks her phone and walks away. They both look at her, Johnni knew it got under her skin for someone that said no to him. Khayla sees her moms text "Outside". Quickly walking off, she finally makes it to her moms car with so much relief and weight off her shoulders. Looking out the car window thinking how this school gone be a rollercoaster ride already. Sitting in her room doing homework, all she could think about is what Jasmine said "You'll never know what he doing over there". Every time it replays in her head, She thinks more about Johnni. She then thinks we'll maybe Jasmine is right. Having two boyfriends may not be so bad. When you can be happy twice. But she knew her boyfriend was faithful. At least she was faithful to him. If she loves him why she thinking about Johnni anyways. Her boyfriend is the man of her dreams. Feeling terrible about her feelings. She calls her boyfriend. She thought maybe she just missed him too much. It's been a while since they've seen each other because of her move. So she calls him to hangout, date night. It maybe enough for Khayla to get Johnni out her face and out her mind. But with Jasmine in her ear it may not last very long.

"I ain't never in my life been turned down by no Bi..". Johnni Said. Before Bryan interrupted him. "Woah woah woah! Calm down killa!, You'll figure out how to get her" He said. Johnni annoyed; "How many girls can you think of that has told me no?.....Exactly! NONE" He said. "Have you thought that she just may have a boyfriend?" Bryan said. "Bryan since when have I ever cared about any girl having a boyfriend" Johnni said. " I guess you got a point..." Bryan said. "Besides I think she feeling me a little, I seen her get a little jealous earlier when Cam was talking to me" Johnni said. "YEAH RIGHT! How if she turned you down". Bryan said. "Bro She want me and I know it , she trying to play hard! But in the mean time I'm finna slide on Cam"Johnni said. Cam was a mixed girl with a curvy beautiful body. [But the beauty that was compatible with her body, didn't give her much love in the face]. Cam was the school Thot.Rumored to have the best mouth piece in the school. Johnni wanted to find out for himself he'd always been curious. When he saw Khayla he really wanted to give cam some attention since she turned him down. That's crazy right? Johnni has the look of a Good guy and a lover. But in actuality, a cold dog that was smoove. But Cam wanted Johnni. Hell who didn't ? But Cam was gone do whatever to get Johnni. She want more than just sex from him. But she felt the vibe of Khayla and Johnni. She know she has to put a stop to Khayla trying to take her man. Meanwhile Johnni only wants to touch her tonsils and he ain't practicing to be a Doctor or Pediatrician either. He now has a point to prove. Specially to himself. He can't handle being rejected. So maybe while getting a relief from cam it helps him think how he can approach Khayla again. The thought of her maybe having a boyfriend makes him want her for himself only. While also having the mentality to not be tied down by no girl. But it was something bout her, not even he understood what he was feeling. Almost like love at first sight or is it just temptation?