Chapter 2: Right play; Wrong timing

"Alright my beautiful baby, have a good day at school" Said Khayla's mom.
"You too, see you later love you" Khayla replied. Fast walking to her class; she runs into Johnni leaning up against the wall, whispering and talking to cam again. Making eye contact walking past him rolling her eyes. "Here she go" He thought. Giving Cam back her attention. He listened to her go on and on about herself, until he finally cut her off. "AYE, I gotta go" he said. Leaving her standing there confused and annoyed. It bothered her Everytime Khayla presence is known to him he cuts her off quickly.

"Today was a pretty cool day" thought Khayla. Finally the bell rings and Khayla gathers all her things and says bye to Jasmine. While waiting for her mom to pull up Jhonni approaches her. *Rolling her eyes* "Yes Johnni can I help you?" She asked. "Yeah you can actually, lemme take somewhere. Johnni said. Looking confused and disturbed "Boy! I ain't going no where with you" she blurts out. Looking back at her confused, Khayla then adds " Where Cam at?!" She questioned. "OH! So you care? He laughed. Just before she could respond her ride pulls up. A all black Kia Optima, she knew that car anywhere. Stepping out the car a six foot tall brown skinned boy. Full of ego listening to her classmates gush and whisper to her about him while he walked over to her. This boy was like a Ginuwine; with big brown eyes, full lips, a freshly curly taper and a smile that reminded you of Michael B. Jordan. "Wassup baby, I missed you" he said. While eyeing Jhonni in suspicion. "You didn't tell me you was coming" Khayla said. "Obviously it's been a while and I missed you...I See I Should Pop In More!" he said loudly so her and Jhonni heard him clear. Johnni laughed a bit and said "whipped much" with a smirk on his face. Ignoring what Johnni said, he proceeds to open the car door and Khayla gets in. "I've been calling you!" He stated. "Kobe , when I was calling you didn't answer" Khayla replied. "I been busy with baseball, you know how it is" he answered. "Naw I don't , i don't know wassup with you" she said. "Lemme make it up to you?"he asked. "Yeah I guess" she replies. Wondering why he acting different all of a sudden. That ain't even how he talks. Almost like he a different person. This side she hasn't seen before. Instantly remembering what Jasmine said "You don't know what he doing over there". Just replayed over and over in the car with him. Eyeing him while he's driving. "HE'S LYING!" She thought. Thinking she'll find out what it is.

"Bro don't nobody care about her nigga!" Jhonni stated. "What he got to do with me!?" He adds. Johnni felt like her mans was a lame anyways. "So what you gone do now?" Bryan asked. "What you mean?... ain't nun to a real n" Johnni said. "Yeah until you don't get no play fr or beat up" Bryan said Jokingly. "Chill B, she want me" he said. "Okay Mr. take a N b****....SIKE!" Bryan said while laughing. Deep down he felt some type of way for real cause she had a boyfriend. But at the same time. He ain't boyfriend material. But he definitely got a point to prove now. She want him and it's clear to him. He knows just what to do to get her attention.

"Thank god it's Friday" Khayla thought. "The weekend is finally here" Said Jasmine. "I know right.. what you doing this weekend?" Khayla asked. "Well tonight everybody going to the skating rink and I don't know about Saturday yet... but you should come tonight" jasmine stated. "Okay well yeah sure I'll see you there" Khayla replied. Rushing out the classroom to her moms car to prepare for tonight.

Sitting at her makeup desk beating her face. *Ring Ring* her phone vibrates. "Hello?" She answers. "How are you?" he asked. "Kobe what do you want?" Khayla questioned. "Lemme take you out.." he asked. "I'm busy tonight" she replied. "Doing what?!" He questioned. "To the skating rink!" She answered. "Aight" while hanging up on her. "Well you'll be alright" she thought to herself as he hung up on her. Finally finishing her makeup, she digs though her closet for her outfit. A hoodie, a blue jean jacket, some jeans, and her uggs. Last but not least her finishing touch; her Mickey Mouse watch, Big hoop earrings and her ring set that says Khay. With a high bun point tail and bangs. Stepping in her perfume "I'm ready" she yells out to her mom.

Pulling in to the skating rink. "Curfew 11:30 ma'am" khayla's mom states. "Okay I got you" she replied. Putting on her skates she over hears Jasmine loud mouth, as she was walking towards her. "Girl you do know Johnni here right?" She chuckled, teasing her. Soon as she said it Jhonni was walking by with his friends. Eyeing her soon as he spotted her. Rolling her eyes at him. Focusing back on Jasmine. "Let's go skate!" She said loudly. As Da Baby played
on the floor. After the fourth song, Khayla finally sits down. Spotting her Johnni sits at her table. Full of confidence and cockiness. "When we going out baby?" Jhonni asked. "BOY WE NOT!" Khayla stated. "Girl do you know who I am?" He said. " And! She not trying to either homie!" States a brown skinned Michael B. Jordan. Both of them looking up at him stunned a little. But of course they saved face. "I seem to always have perfect timing ...'huh" he said. Kobe....what are you doing here?" Khayla asked. "Apparently I'm tight on time baby" Kobe answered. Johnni chuckled while looking him up and down. "I'll see ya around Khay" Johnni said, *While leaving the table*. "Khay?! That's real cute Khayla" Kobe said sarcastically. Fed up with his shady remarks she gets up from the table to get some air. Headed outside listening to him rant. Eventually he softens up, now he misses her. Apologizing to her for how he was just acting, she gives in. Like any couple they made up, kissed and hugged it out. But just in time for Jhonni to run into them at the same time. Khayla saw Johnni out the side of her eye. *Stunned* "F**K!!!!!" She thought. Jhonni seen her look at him and laughed it off a little. Thinking to himself "Yeah...aight...okay...cool". Looking for his car only to realize he was parked right next to theirs. *Annoyed* walks to his car and leans on the side of the care in front of them, (While their still making up) and calls Cam. Oh yeah he petty petty. But gets pettier when he puts Cam on speaker. Khayla stunned when she heard them arranging a meet up. Oh she mad now. Finally separating from Kobe, she's ready to go. Johnni looks at her gets in his car and leaves to see Cam. Khayla feelings hurt now. Jhonni drives off mad at Khayla "She just like the rest" he thought. Kobe felt the tension between them two and it ain't friendly. He was being petty too, now he feel like he knows why she stop blowing him up. He had no intention on answering anyways. He been having fun since she left their school. Now Khayla is wondering too much about him, making her feel very uneasy.

Finally making it home by the end of the night. She gets a call from Jasmine. Explaining how she seen everything unravel. Khayla then recites everything in detail to Jasmine. "Well I told you!....when one ain't acting right you got another" Jasmine said proudly. "What about when they both not? ...." Khayla asked. And need to investigate BOFFUMMM!" Jasmine said. After talking to Jas, she sat back thinking; was Johnni really mad at her and if he was really with Cam. Instantly realizing why she even cared. I can't do this, this not right" she thought. She was in love with Kobe. She decided to keep making it work with Kobe. She gives in and calls him. Several times no answer, no text back. "Wtf he doing" she thought. Calling and Texting him one last time snapping, he hit the ignore button. *Doo doo doo doo"her iPhone went off.