.05

The size of the room is comparable to the size of Isaac's home. I'm astounded by the height of the ceiling and the open layout. Half of the room is covered in windows. The sun is setting softly against the ocean in the distance, and if I look towards the high windows, I can see the sun kissing the blue sea as it begins to sink in. A bed covered in white clothes and pillows hugs the other side of the room. There's an empty bookshelf in the corner, surely patiently awaiting stories to hold.

"Now that we have your measurements, you'll be set with a wondrous wardrobe tomorrow. Anything else we can do for you, madam?" Three teenage girls surround me, all gazing at me blankly with their glossed eyes. They all wear dress that go barely past their knees. The colors of their dresses remind me of back home. They have aprons on which are creamed colored and their dresses range in tones of dark oranges and browns. The one finishes taking last minute measurements of my waist and smiles to me. I smile at the three of them with sadness and pity in my eyes.

"Nothing more. Thank you for showing me this room. My room." One by one, they leave my room like mice in a row.

I take a minute and look around. Finally a moment of complete stillness and silence. I find myself walking towards the large windows. My hand presses against the glass leaving a print of my fingers, long and thin, that fade once removed. My senses are pleasantly overwhelmed by the smell of lavender, the softness of the carpet beneath my feet, and the calming aroma coming from the window. It feels like a dream I couldn't have ever been worthy of having, but then it hits me that I do not have any choice of being here.

My last moments as me are coming quick to an end. I feel a tear softly fall from my cheek as I accept my fate of inevitability becoming like one of the girls who had measured me. Soon, I will become nothing more than a programmed. I will become nothing more than a shell of a body.

Awfully kind of my capturers to allow me a dreamy room before it happens.

I watch as the sun sinks into the ocean and as the dark sky begins to become freckled with stars. Goodnight sweet world. I fall into the bed, pillows flying softly onto the floor around me. And within moments I can hardly grasp, I am welcomed into a slumber.

In my sweet rest, I feel the reassurance from both Evan and Isaac that all is well. I soon hope to find my soul rested and with them, perhaps all together again in peace. But suddenly, like a bandaid I am ripped rudely from my sleep. I leave one dream and enter the next.

"Awaken." Nicholas's stern glare is the first thing I notice as I jolt up from the soft sheets. "You have a busy day today and I need to insure that you are bathed and dressed early." He starts to walk towards the door whilst motioning with his hand for the three familiar teenage girls to come in.

"Why does it matter?" I abruptly spit towards him. He turns slowly, almost amused at my words. "Why do I need to appear clean or anything? I'll end up like them anyway." I motion towards the girls. I'm sick to my stomach.

"Oh you don't get it," he laughs, "if you were to be like one of them you would be already. Plus, you would not have a room like this. It's nicer than mine I'll say." He shakes his head and continues out the doorframe.

My face becomes puzzled and my mind is adamant against settling. The three girls are lined against the wall as the smile towards me. I scan each one, curious as to why they were programmed and especially curious on why I won't be. Not yet, anyway.

"Alright ladies," I begin with a racing mind, "I have a busy day ahead of me. Anyone have but a clue what it's going to consist of?" The girls look at me, quietly each of them shrug. "Okay," I pause, "guess I'll have to see for myself. What do you ladies have for me?"