One

"Hey, Jiminie...?"

"Yeah, Tae."

"Do you recall a girl being on the 'you're-not-welcome' mat when we left?"

Jimin blinks in surprise and stands; he'd crouched moments ago to take a picture of the stubborn purple flower growing through a crack in the sidewalk. Weird question.

"Uh, no?"

"Then how come there's one here now?"

"...Wait, what?" He rounds the corner quickly and stops short beside Taehyung, who's crouched down and staring at - sure enough - a girl passed out on their doorstep.

"You'd think she'd have read the mat and, like, not chosen it to sleep on." They had bought the mat, which said "You're (NOT) Welcome" in giant red letters, as a joke during the American leg of their last tour. It had quickly become ritual to put it out whenever they rented a house instead of hotel rooms.

"I don't think that's the big issue here, Tae." Jimin kneels next to her and shakes her gently. "Hey, you okay?" He calls, but her eyes remain closed. "Should we call an ambulance or something?"

"And, what, have half of Toronto at our doorstep?" Taehyung snorts softly. "I can see the headlines. 'Jimin And V of BTS Find Girl on Doorstep'. 'Hundreds of ARMY Trampled After BTS' Rental Address Leaked'."

"Okay, good point... What do we do, then? We can't just leave her here-- it's freezing. She's wearing a t-shirt. I'm surprised her lips aren't blue yet."

They take a moment to think and take in the sight. Her face is streaked with tears and dirt. She doesn't seem to have anything on her besides her clothes - which are more fit for late spring than mid-autumn if you ask Taehyung - and a tattered bandage wrapped tightly around her left wrist, covering whatever name is there.

"We should bring her inside, probably," Taehyung says finally.

"What if she's ARMY?"

"BigHit buys her silence with a shitload of merch? I don't know, Joon-hyung will know what to do. But we should do it fast before someone sees her and thinks we're kidnapping her or something."

"Guess I'm lifting her, huh?" Jimin gives Taehyung a side-eye once-over, at which Taehyung huffs indignantly.

"What's that supposed to mean? But yeah, obviously."

Jimin rolls his eyes as he carefully lifts the girl, who, quite frankly, weighs far too little considering she looks to be maybe 23. He tries not to think about it as Taehyung unlocks and opens the door, letting him lead the way inside.

"Should I just put her on the couch?"

"Yeah, I'll grab a pillow and some blankets. Anyone home?" Taehyung calls into the house, dropping his mask on the counter as he passes. Typically, they weren't supposed to go wandering on their own, especially in foreign countries where they could easily get lost, but the house was outside Toronto, meaning there were significantly fewer people who could recognize them than there would be if they were in a hotel in the city. Not to mention the weather today was fucking gorgeous for mid-autumn, so the '95 line had practically begged to be allowed to take a short walk - "Just around the block!" - and their manager had finally consented with strict orders to wear masks and hats and be back before dark.

"Guess it's just us," Jimin hums as he gently lays the girl on the couch and tugs off his mask.

"No no, I'm here," Hoseok mumbles, drawn out of his room by the sound of voices. He wipes the sleep from his eyes as he shuffles down the stairs; evidently, he'd chosen to take a nap while the house was quiet.