Three

*A/N: A character has a panic attack at the end of this chapter. You know yourself best; if this is a subject you cannot handle, please put your health first and do not read further. Consider this your trigger warning.*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Taehyung notices Zanna's frown right away.

"Ah, don't worry! You don't have to do anything you don't want to... I guess it's more of an offer than, like, actual news."

Zanna raises an eyebrow slightly.

"I should just tell you, huh?" He laughs softly at himself.

"Please. I don't really like surprises."

"Even good ones?" He frowns.

"Even good ones," she confirms quietly. He can't help but pout.

"Well, that's no fun! Alright, here goes... Since you're homeless, and you haven't got anyone to help you, and you seemed unhappy with the option to go back to a shelter... Joonie-hyung and I talked to our management--and then Jin-hyung got involved, but that's not important--and they finally agreed. Once you're discharged, if you want, you can stay at our rental house until we fly out to the next location!" Taehyung grins at her, eagerly waiting for her reaction.

"...What?" Zanna stares at him, certain she'd heard incorrectly. Did he recognize my name after all? She had watched him carefully when she gave the nurse her full name yesterday, sure that it would be recognized. Taehyung, however, hadn't reacted in any way that indicated he had known it previously. But he is an actor, and it would explain the invitation. "Why?" She asks, wanting confirmation. He frowns.

"That's not exactly the reaction I was expecting," he chuckles awkwardly. "We want to take you in for a few days because... well, Jimin and I feel a bit responsible for you, like I said before, and we want to help in any way we can. And... we have the means to help, you know? It's not like money is tight for us. So we all figure, why not help someone who's ARMY and get to know her a little while we're at it?"

I mean, it's not a great reason. It sounds like something out of fanfic, honestly, but I suppose it's plausible.

"And... BigHit agreed?" She gives him a skeptical look, wanting him to say outright that he knows who she is. Taehyung laughs.

"Believe me, I was surprised, too! But I'm sure you've heard what Jin-hyung is like. If he wants something, he gets it, you know?"

Jin wants me to come? They know. They have to, right?

"Um, I'm sorry if this seems rude, but why would Seokjin-ssi want me to stay with you?"

"We all do, Zanna-yah. Not just Jin-hyung or Jiminie or me. All of us want you to stay with us while we're here because we want to help and get to know an ARMY. Is that okay?"

Zanna nods slowly. "Of course it is... I guess I'm just having trouble understanding why you want me, specifically. Why not any other ARMY?"

"Why not you?" He shoots back with a smirk. "Is there any reason we shouldn't want you?"

Well, if you stopped to think for a moment, you'd realize my presence in your life would be a complete disruption, she thinks.

"What if I'm a sasaeng fan?" She says instead.

"Are you a sasaeng?"

"No, but--"

"If you turn out to be one, we'll have security take you to a shelter, and that will be that. But you're not, so there's nothing to worry about. Right?" He raises an eyebrow expectantly.