Eight

When Zanna wakes the next morning in bed, she's confused. Could've sworn I fell asleep in the armchair... It takes her until after she's been to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, and opened the closet in her room to realize that if she fell asleep in the living room and woke up in bed, someone would have had to carry her, and the odds are 3:7 the person who carried her is one of her Soulmates.

"Shit!" She hisses and quickly pulls off the bandage around her wrist. When she sees that all three names there are still inky black, she falls back on the bed in relief. Must've been Jimin again... thank the gods.

The doorknob to her bedroom turns and she quickly hides her arm behind herself, eyes wide as Jeongguk appears in the doorway.

"Oh! Sorry, Zanna, I should've knocked." He gives her a sheepish grin, but it falters when he sees the wrap in her hand and the way she's holding her arm behind herself. "Ah, shit. Sorry. I-I'll just, um..." He quickly steps back out and closes the door.

Zanna breathes a sigh of relief and begins rewrapping her Soulnames. That was too close.

Jeongguk curses himself as he heads back to the kitchen, where his hyungs have begun gathering in various stages of wakefulness for breakfast. What if she had been changing, idiot? He plops down at the kitchen island and puts his head down on his arms with a soft groan.

"Don't beat yourself up about it, Gguk," Yoongi hums, not bothering to turn around from his place at the stove. He had been recruited to cook this morning and had sent Jeongguk to wake Zanna now that breakfast was nearly ready. "You're used to a mostly open-door house."

"Yeah, but she's a girl. I should've been more thoughtful," he whines softly and lifts his head enough to run a hand over his face.

"Habits can't be broken in a day," Yoongi says simply. "Here, come taste this."

Jeongguk stands and bites carefully into the soft egg Yoongi offers between chopsticks. He nods in approval as he chews it, the yummy food serving as a distraction from his minor slip.

"Ah, Zanna-yah, just in time." Yoongi smiles past Jeongguk's shoulder at her as she floats shyly into the kitchen.

Jeongguk turns to look, bowing his head apologetically. He can't help but glance towards her left wrist and sigh a little when he sees it's covered again by the bandages. He's curious, of course--Zanna had been so quick in her request to keep her Soulnames private that he desperately wants to know why--but he's also relieved. A small part of him doesn't want to know, and he's painfully aware that any one of his members knowing would only put another wall between them and Zanna. She's already so closed off, even being ARMY and knowing we want to help...

"Go ahead and take a seat in the dining room," Yoongi is telling her as Jeongguk tunes back in.

"Do you need any help setting the table?" Zanna asks in a small voice. Yoongi doesn't look at him, but Jeongguk knows he hears it, too; her offer is genuine, but there's something in her voice that tells them she's afraid of the answer being "yes".

"No, Ggukie and I've got it," Yoongi says casually, waving her off in a very Seokjin-like manner. She smiles a little and nods as she goes to sit in the living room. Only once she's left the kitchen do Jeongguk and Yoongi look at each other. Jeongguk raises an eyebrow, to which Yoongi sighs.

"We just need to be gentle with her, Gguk," he murmurs lowly so she won't overhear. "Zanna will come around."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yoongi calls Jeongguk "Ggukie." Zanna tries not to squeal aloud when she hears it, grateful to have been dismissed so she won't stand there gaping at the two of them. She sinks into a chair at the dining room table next to a very sleepy-looking Hoseok, biting her lip harshly to distract herself from their cuteness.