Lunch Time

For Dib, not being a creep was very hard. If "Mysterious Mysteries" had taught the young Membrane anything, it was that the best way to learn about the unknown was to snoop around, sneak about. Then, you did that until you could find anything, anything at all, that would give you a hint as to what you were trying to find.

Yet, somehow, Dib didn't even need to go looking for aliens. He didn't need to snoop around and look. A new kid, who he was more than sure was an alien, had practically fallen into his hands. Now, what he had to do was learn about aliens. He mastered the first step with ease; find a fucking alien. Now, he had to learn everything he could about said alien. Dib had an unquenchable thirst for human knowledge, imagine how the poor boy must've felt now that there was an alien he could try and study upon. But, we had to do this without being a creep. Now that's a challenge.

Anyway, it was lunchtime; the perfect time. The perfect damn time to try and talk to Zim. He didn't have many friends or any friends at all, so it's not like him leaving his usual table would affect anyone.

Zim sat there, staring at the nasty food on his plate. Keep in mind, it wasn't just Zim who thought the food was gross. It was every student. Every single student thought that the food was repugnant, abominable, disgusting... The only difference was Zim had no idea what the hell was even on his plate, so he wasn't planning on trying the food at all. After all, It seems like most of the kids didn't eat the food, so if we want to be very human-y, we must do the same. Which means no eating this crap.

As Zim enjoyed his time glancing around the room, examining his surroundings and the things that happened to exist in the same area, Dib snuck up on the inattentive alien. Tapping his shoulder, Zim shrieked and turned, taking a moment to collect himself before huffing. He stared at him for a moment, a look of embarrassment- no, disorientation and irritation furrowed his non-existent brows.

Clearing his throat, Dib waved a little, nervous 'cause, well, he's trying to talk to a fucking alien. What do you want from him?

"Hey... Uh, can I sit with you?" Dib started wringing his hands, looking at him with wide eyes. Or maybe the glasses just made them appear bigger than they were. Nonetheless, they looked rather big to Zim. Kinda like his head.

Pursing his lips, Zim crossed his arms, looking up at the rather lanky male. Zim had seen other children who he shared the same height with, but they seemed to be dumber, smaller, more like babies than what Dib, and the rest of his current classmates, appeared to be. He felt like how he did back on his home planet, but he didn't pay too much attention to it. He had better things to do.

"Why, Dib-human? I have better things to do than hang out with some random, stinky worm." He stared at him, seeming to wait for an answer. Dib had to think because he felt like "I wanna bother you with questions that could expose what you are." was a little too strong. Well, maybe not expose him, but just learn.

"Well-" he looked back and forth, making sure nobody could hear them as he leaned over the table, "-I know you're an alien, yes? But the others don't. However-" he leaned in more, looking at his slightly scratchy contacts, "-they'll figure it out if you keep hanging out with nobody. It's inhuman. So, I'm trying to do you a favour. But, since you don't seem to need, nor want, my help, I guess that's that."

Dib stood back up straight, turning on his heel because what he did that, his coat would flare out in the air behind him. About to take a step, he jolted up a little when said coat was grabbed. Yanked down, Dib turned to look at him, an eyebrow raised.

"YOU JUST WAIT, IMBECILE." Clearing his throat, he looked at Dib again. "Fine. But I do not need your help, inferior 'Urth' worm. I am allowing you to sit next to me during this odd human ritual." Letting his stupid jacket-thingy go, he crossed his arms again, waiting.

"O-Okay! You got it." He grinned a little to himself. This was working out perfectly. Sitting next to the green alien, he cleared his throat and looked at him. Zim was currently staring at him, making sure he didn't do anything stupid. After all, who was to say he could trust this idiot human. This was the species he was sent out to destroy, and what if Dib knew? Then what...?

Now that Dib was able to get closer to Zim, he had to figure out how to start a conversation, really get to the "studying and learning" part. That was harder said than done. Or it would be if Dib thought before speaking.

"So, what kind of alien are you? Are there other aliens or, like, are you the only type?" Dib tried being quiet, but, well, it's Dib. Can we expect him to not be screaming? Zim glared at him before crossing his arms and clearing his throat. As much as he enjoyed the attention, he had better things to do at the moment.

"Listen, filthy worm, you just need to sit around with me. Stop asking me questions. Even if I wanted to answer them, your poor, icky human brain could never understand the ways of ME!" He held a hand up, doing that stupid thing where it looked like he was squeezing something over and over. It was... odd. He did it a lot, but that's okay. "He's an alien," thought Dib, "we can't judge him... too harshly."

"Well fine then. If you can't answer my questions, I guess I can't help you. I guess you're just gonna have to find a new fake friend. Sorry." Dib shrugged and started to get off the chair before Zim growled, which was an odd thing for Dib to here since it wasn't coming from an animal. The alien grabbing his coat and yanked him down, looking at him in the eyes. His "eyebrows" furrowed and his upper lifted a little, scowling at the young Membrane.

"You listen here, Dib-Head, I do not need your help. I can easily find I new friend. After all-" he threw Dib down and raised both arms into the air before being them down in a rough movement. His hands were in fists, clenched tightly as he yelled into the air, "I AM THE AMAZING ZIMMMMM!!"

In Zim's mind, lightning would have clashed behind him as he laughed maniacally. But instead, all the teens looked at him. Zim stopped and pursed his lips, glancing around the room quickly before sitting back down, acting as if nothing had happened. Turning back to Dib, he crossed his arms.

"I would never need help from some goopy earth baby like you. Now, BE GONEEE!" Dib scowled a little. The alien was so fucking rude, but to be fair, Dib had been a bit of an irritating pest. What else can you do, tho?

He stood up to apologize, needing to fix this before it was too late. But, then, they were called for class... Fuck. This wasn't good. He thought of a way to fix this as he headed to their classroom, in which Ms Bitters stood at her desk.

During class, he decided that he just had to do things the old fashioned, creepy way. Find out where Zim lives, install cameras around his base, and spy on him until we can see what he enjoys. A fool-proof plan, really.

So, for Dib, not being a creep was hard. But why fight it, then? If it works, I guess we should just be a fucking creep.