Chapter 23

Okay, first thing's first; I'm so, so, so sorry for the long wait. There's absolutely no excuse for my absence, but I swear I've been having some issues lately.

Second, Wattpad sucks at updates and is screwing with my email. I haven't gotten any emails from Wattpad in almost two months and every time I reverify, I get one email and then it goes back to being stupid. So I'm not ignoring you guys, and I will figure this out soon.

I'm doing NaNoWriMo (hopefully) for the first time for one of the ideas I had building in my head that you guys will love. Unfortunately, I didn't start it yet, but I'll stay up until midnight if I have to get everything organized for that.

My computer's getting old and I'm pretty sure there's like five thousand viruses on it, but I'll figure that out, too.

What else?

Happy Halloween!

Okay, that's it for now. But I'll probably remember something I wanted to say as soon as I hit publish

Chapter 23

        The movie looked a lot better in the case, but I’m too tired to get up and pick out a different one. I’m currently in my parent’s basement, in their home theatre and watching one of their thousands of movies. And I thought Zach had a problem.

                My mother and I had gotten our nails done this morning. Some women came to the house and apparently my mother has her own salon here. All she has to do is call a hair stylist or nail artist or whoever and they just come over and do it for her.

                My father took me out to lunch, which was kind of awkward since I had difficulties throughout the meal and the conversation wasn’t very meaningful. We ended up taking a drive around town –wherever we are- and he showed me a few places, like the ocean. We didn’t get out of the car, since it is winter, but it was still a beautiful view.

                Then when I got home, the doctor had to see me again for vitals and my parents took off for work, telling me to explore the house and do what I wanted. I found a library, where I borrowed a few books and then discovered this theatre.

                So here I am in one of the softest recliners I’ve ever been in, watching a movie that sucks and thinking about my brothers, James and Zach.

                I’m not sure who’s coming tonight, since my brothers clearly hate my parents for what they did, but I doubt they would leave me here for the rest of my life. At least I hope not.

                I wrap the blanket that I found in the corner of the room tighter around me and jump when the door opens. I watch a man stomp down the stairs from the light the movie provides and cautiously pick up the remote, pressing pause.

                “Your parents would like to see you in the dining room.”

                He turns and storms out of the room, not leaving room for questions or an answer. I turn off the TV and return the movie to its case, leaving the room just as I found it. I have a feeling my parent’s only wanted this room for decoration, since most of the movies are unopened and everything looks brand new. But I guess if you’re rich, you can do that.

                I go the same way I came and search for the stairs, wondering what’s behind all the doors. I’ve tried a few doors in the house, but most of them were locked, so I figured they’re either not used or hiding something important.

                Once again I turn the corner and sigh when I realize I have no idea where I am. There’s no staircase, just another hallway with more doors. Do they have a map for this place?