A Mother's Treasure

Ben looked through paperwork. Even though he was just eighteen years old, he had so many things to decide for when it came to Auradon. Some were big decisions, others were smaller. It kept from being with his family, but fortunately his family was in school. Jay and Carlos were in Tourney practice, Jane and Audrey were in cheerleading practice. Lonnie was tutoring Gil, Harry and Uma were on a date. And Mal was painting. Evie was in school with Doug.

Since meeting the young boy, Jay came around. Mal was always cautious, but the second she saw the permanent smile on her daughter's face whenever Doug was around, she accepted the little boy in Evie's life. Audrey found out who were bullying Evie, but that was a whole different story. Harry teased the boy, causing him to stumble in his words, but kept things in good nature. Evie would just glare at him.

Ben put his paperwork down and just closed his eyes. He could feel a sharp pain in the back of his head from all the words. He reached for his phone, smiling at his screensaver. It was a picture of Mal and Evie after their first Cotillion. The two girls were dressed up and looked so beautiful. He kept the picture to remind him of why he had to be good king.

There was a soft knock on the door. He turned, seeing a courier standing there. He gave the young King a small smile. "Excuse me sire, this came for you," he said, handing the king a piece of paper.

Ben thanked him and grabbed the pieces of paper. He opened the first fold, seeing the word Adoption on it. He smiled, expecting to know what he would see.

Mal was turning eighteen in a few days, and all she wanted was to make her relationship with Evie official. The eight year old had been spoken to, and she was excited to move in with Mal. (Her temporary guardians were his parents, and they were going to keep housing the girl until Mal finished high school and she moved in with Ben.)

Ben unfolded the remaining part of the form and the smile was wiped off his face. The name on the form didn't belong to Mal. It was Snow White .

Ben closed his eyes. Mal was not going to be happy.

Blueberry Treasure

"What are you saying?" Mal asked, her voice low and threatening. Her eyes flashed green. She could feel the anger course through her body.

"Snow White?" Uma asked, leaning against Harry. "Like fairest of them all Snow White? Evil Queen's step daughter Snow White ?"

"Why didn't she ask about Evie earlier? Why wait three years?" Audrey questioning, anger in her voice. "This isn't fair. Evie's parentage is being revealed soon, that is why she's doing this. She doesn't people to know that her step sister being raised by a bunch of teenagers. Especially Isle kids, no offense. This is complete bullshit."

Jay rubbed her shoulders and kissed her cheek. Audrey relaxed a bit, but was still fuming.

"Can we make her disappear?" Harry asked, looking hopeful, his hook raised.

Uma and Gil nodded, both agreeing.

"She can't take her away from us, from me ," Mal whispered, her eyes shifting to Ben, who shook his head.

"We'll fight back."

"Don't you get a final say? Don't you get to choose who Evie goes to?" Jay questioned, a frown on his face.

Ben sighed, running his hand through his hair. "Usually, I would. But I'm emotionally involved, which makes me biased. There will be a council that will decide. But I will be fighting for Evie to stay with you Mal."

Mal closed her eyes.

Mal's phone started to ring. She looked down at the phone, seeing Evie's name. Mal showed the caller ID to her friends and they all smiled at the picture of Evie at one of Audrey's sleepovers.