Princess Treasure

It had been a few months since the King and Lady of Auradon announced their engagement. Lumiere had his staff work on getting the ceremony ready, especially after King Ben said he wanted Mal and Evie's coronation as Queen and Princess right after the wedding. The latter was a surprise. It hadn't hit the young girl that she was going to be the Princess of Auradon when her mother married Ben.

Lumiere had to get a guest list, for the wedding and the coronation. Mal and Ben wanted the wedding small and intimate, but the coronation was going to be televised and at a different location with many more people.

Lumiere had called for a staff meeting. He looked at the line of employees, smiling when he saw the smallest person of the group at the end. He shook his head. Evie was standing in the line wearing the uniform. She looked straight ahead, a look of determination on her face.

"King Ben and Lady Mal have decided on the date for their wedding. They wish to marry next to the Enchanted Lake, where they had their first date. The coronation will take place on the same date, but different location. We have a lot to prepare. You all have your assignments. If there are any questions, I'm more than happy to help."

Evie raised her hand.

"Yes?" he asked, playing along.

"I don't have an assignment. What do I do?"

The staff looked at Evie with amusement. Like him, they liked having her around. Evie loved playing with them. He knew they were guard her with their lives, even though it wasn't their job to do so.

"Well, I think you have the best job," he said, walking to Evie and standing in front of the girl, who was getting taller every day. "You get to make sure your mommy and Ben look good on the big day."

Evie's eyes lit up. She gave him a determined nod. The Lady of Auradon walked in at that moment. Her eyes went to him and then towards her daughter, letting out a small laugh. She turned to Lumiere. "Have you seen my daughter?"

Lumiere looked to think about the question, before shaking his head. "No. I have not. I was just having a meeting with the staff."

"Oh, that's too bad. I was going to go look at dresses and I wanted Evie to come with, but since I can't find her, I'll go all by myself."

Evie gasped. She raised her hand again. Lumiere looked at the little girl. "Can I go?" she whispered, in excitement.

Lumiere smiled. "Your job is to make them look good."

Evie squealed and ran to her mother, wrapping her arms around her. Mal wrapped her arms around her growing daughter. Evie and Mal waved at him as they walked out.

He watched them leave, excited for the King, Queen and their Princess. The coming years were going to be interesting.

Blueberry Treasure

Mal stared at her reflection. "What do you think?" She turned to Evie, who was sitting on a chair.

Evie squinted her eyes, before shaking her head. "No."

Mal turned back to her reflection, nodding her head. "You're right. Want to go look for something for me?"

Evie nodded her head. She rushed to the dresses. Mal turned back to her reflection.

She was eighteen, almost nineteen, and already getting married. Her daughter looked excited. Mal's mother had Mal's life designed for her. But then she gained a daughter and it changed everything.

"Mommy!" Evie shouted, running to her. "Mommy, I found it!" Mal turned to her daughter, seeing the pure delight in her eyes. Mal followed her. Evie pointed to a white dress, with hints of purple. She reached over and touched it, a smile appearing on her face. "Perfect."