School Treasure

Six year old Evie looked up at Queen Belle and King Adam, both giving her encouraging smiles. She pulled at her backpack, before walking into the room. She saw all the other six year olds talking to each other and laughing. Evie had never felt so out of place. She turned back to Belle and Adam, who were still watching her. Evie took a step back, towards the adults.

"I wanna go home," she told them, her eyes looking at the group of kids.

Belle knelt down in front of Evie. "I know you're scared. But you need to go to school, you need to learn."

"What if I'm dumb? Old Mommy didn't let me go to school," Evie said in a small voice.

Belle gave her a small smile. "You're not dumb. You are really smart. The brightest I've ever met."

Evie looked at Belle, a hopeful smile on her face. "Really?"

"You're smarter than I was when I was your age," Adam pitched in, giving the girl a smile.

"I-I am?" Evie asked, looking up at the king.

"Yeah. I was a small dummy," he told her, and Evie felt better. She turned to the group of students, all who move to their seats. Belle placed her hand on Evie's back, gently pushing her forward.

"Class is going to start soon, why don't I go with you to go to talk to your teacher, yeah?"

Evie nodded, grabbing Belle's hand and gripping it tightly. The two women walked up to the brunette teacher, who gave them the biggest smile. "Queen Belle, hello!" The teacher turned to the little girl. "Hi there."

Evie looked up at Belle, who gave her an encouraging smile. Evie turned back and gave a small wave.

"I'm Anna," the teacher introduced herself.

"I'm Evie," the girl whispered, giving the woman a grin.

"Well Evie, are you my new neat student?"

The girl nodded, gripping Belle's hand.

"That's great. Have a seat in any of the empty seats, we'll start shortly, is that okay?"

Evie nodded, turning and walking next to a glasses wearing boy, who gave her a small smile. Evie returned it nervously.

(Anna turned to Belle. "Evie's mother?"

"Her biological mother has passed," Belle said, not giving too much. "Adam and I are fostering her until her mother figure is able to adopt her."

Anna turned to the little girl. "What should I know about her?"

"Evie is smart, but she hasn't been to school until today," Belle said, turning to Evie, who was sitting at the tiny desk, trying to make herself small as the other students stared at her. "She's from the Isle. When Ben had the three kids from the Isle come to Auradon, they smuggled her." Belle turned to Anna. "She's really sweet, and you're going to love her. You won't even know she was an isle kid."

"Of course," Anna told the Queen, giving her a smile. "My sister was judged, said she was evil, but I knew better. And I believe Evie isn't like her mother."

"I have to go now, but we will need to meet up. I'd like to know why you're teaching here instead of Arendelle," Belle said, giving the Princess a smile. The two hugged and the queen walked out of the classroom with one final smile to Evie.)

Evie waved goodbye, before looking around the classroom. Most of the kids were just staring at her, all of them curious. Ms. Anna turned to the class. "Okay kids, we have a new student joining us. Evie, would you like to introduce yourself?"