CHAPTER I

Chapter I : Reminisce

G  W  E   N

"Can you turn that off?" I hiss at my roommate, blasting Boy With Luv on her Bluetooth speaker. She gave you an odd look and only lowered the volume by one bar. "Did you not hear me the first time? I said turn that thing o-"

"I did," she cut me off and bore her sharp eyes onto mine. God, I keep forgetting how dangerous fangirls can be. "I respect your opinion to not like BTS but to keep me from dancing my heart out to them? Unbelievable!"

And there she goes again being dramatic, she went on and on about her love for the boy group as she dance to the stupid song and I had to sit through 2 minutes of it until I remember I have headphones. Rather expensive ones at that.

They should help block out the rapping voice of him. I lazily made my way to my room, gathering my textbooks and dumping them on my study table where my headphones conveniently sat.

I was about to put it on when Eunji made an appearance at my bedroom door, she looked really disturbed. "Got more to preach about your undying love for BTS?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yes," she answered and I roll my eyes. "But that's not why I came here. I just wanna ask, why do you hate them so much?"

I don't hate them, I don't really hate anyone. Except maybe, him, but other than him? I don't do hate. Hate is such a strong word. I have nothing against the other members of the group who are innocent but him? I loathe him.

"I don't, they are just not my cup of tea when it comes to music," I shrug, and she left my room with a deeper frown. She seemed to buy my pathetic excuse and I'm hoping someday I will too. It's not easy fooling everyone around you with lies you can't make yourself believe.

After that, I wore my headphones and blasted away whatever music came up on my daily Spotify playlist. While I destroyed my eardrums, I began doing my homework at the same time. But even my difficult Calculus homework can't distract me.

It's been 5 years. 5 full years since he left me to go after his dreams, I could never resent him for deciding to do what he loves, he deserve every success he has now. But was it right to discard me? To throw me to the sides because he wasn't ready to try if he could have both?

I deserved better than that. He knew that. Yet he went ahead and broke my heart to pursue his passion. And that, I could never forgive.

~

South Korea is smaller than most people think, I can't believe I've ran into people I knew from grade school who happens to live in the other side of the country countless of times.

I walked down the narrow sidewalk with my hands inside my coat, it was a fairly cold August. The air was cold enough that it would prick any exposed skin lightly, like nibbling on a piece of candy yet not wanting to break it. Yet you could feel the warmth of the sun on your face, like standing close to the microwave but only enough to threaten to make you sweat.