CHAPTER III

well this story is flopping.

Y O O N G I

As the blinding light cast itself above me, blinding the parts of my eyes unveiled by my overgrown bright blue hair, I hear it. The cheers, the loud yelling of thousands of voices and small bits of light being waved in the crowd I call my fans.

I smile, faintly. Thinking to myself how I came to be this way, how I achieved such a dream but that dreamy illusion was shattered with the image of her. For everything you do, there is a price to pay and she was mine.

My deep thinking was interrupted when I felt a heavy weight on my shoulders and saw Namjoon grinning down at me. I hate being short sometimes. I scrunch my nose up in distaste for our height difference but flashes my gummy smile to provide fan service.

When I'm not touring the world, living the dream, I am cooped up in my studio. Just me and the music. I like being alone, I like my own company but it's when I'm alone that I start getting sucked into an abyss. 

A world where I'm forced to relieve that day I made that choice, and suffer with my guilt in silence. 

"You should look happier," Jin from beside me groaned. "We are getting a 2 week break after this." I just nodded at his words.

I can't really look happier. Not when I just had another one of those moments, when I would see her face in the crowd and she'd be looking at me with hatred in her beautiful eyes. Hatred, when there used to be so much love.

Everyone else believe, wee I made them believe, that my first love was the piano. But there was more to that story, my first love wasn't the piano. It  was the girl who played it beautifully, and sang like an angel with it.

While the stylist try and wipe the beads of sweat off my forehead without ruining my makeup, I try and recall that faithful day.

I don't like school. At all. It's not because I wanna be one of those edgy teens who claim school sucks but this place physically weakens me, I feel like being here just sucks out the creativity out of me. I could be making music instead of sitting through classes where Professors suck at teaching.

The only class I can bear is music class. We had a great teacher, the way he talked about musicians and music pieces, I could feel the passion radiate off him and wonder if I could be like him one day. If I could make someone's ears perk up whenever I talk about something I love.

"Music can be used to connect people," He spoke with flounce, I suppress a chuckle at his exaggerated hand gestures. He could smack a student with how much he throughs his hands around carelessly. "It could bring two souls together."

I frown. That's a good quote. I'm writing that down. As I was writing that quote down, he began to talk about how he'll be assigning partners to try and create a song and let this project bond us. He also announced that it will be in pairs and will be pairing boys with girls to make it interesting. 

I didn't really pay that much attention as he calls off peoples names and announce the pairs, until my name was mentioned, together with someone who I didn't know. I don't pay attention to people around me that much so when I looked around, I saw a girl with long wood brown hair and very noticeable tapes on her fingers perk up in her seat.

I scanned her, then gave up trying to recall if I remember her being in this class ever since school started. But I noted how she was really pretty. Also, why are her fingers covered in tape? 

Music was the only class I tolerated, so I refused to fail it. With that thought, I approached her when the bell rang and she looked up at me expectantly with her doe brown eyes.

I felt my breath cut off my lungs the moment we met eyes. How have I never noticed someone this beautiful before? She was no model, I can guarantee that I've seen girls prettier running around this school but she managed to look tantalizing with her pale face and rosy cheeks.

"When are you free?" I asked her, she frowned at my question and I mentally smacked myself. "So we can start planning for our song."

She nodded in understanding, lips parted. I bite the inside of my cheeks, she was so cute. 

"My last class ends 3 p.m," she replies, slinging her bag strap on her shoulder. 

"Mine ends at 4, do you wanna meet at that one forgotten building that has a working piano?" I ask her, hoping she could sing at least. Because I can play the piano pretty well. She nodded, with a small smile and made her way out the room.

After my classes, I rushed to the buiding where I told her we'd meet. The building is really old but they couldn't demolish it because the owner of the school had a soft spot for it, so they are now just planning on renovating it entirely.

I ran 2 floors and once the piano notes reach my ears, I stopped in my tracks. My hurried steps slowing down, following the music as if I was in a trance and once I got closer to a brightly lit classroom I heard a voice.

It was like nothing I've ever heard before and peeked in the doorway to find her. Sitting in front of the piano, playing a soft melody with her eyes closed. She looked like an absolute angel, the sun's going down and the bright orange light did an amazing job to highlight her features the right way.

That was the start for me, we became best friends. Then we became more than that, she became my everything and I became hers, at the ripe age of 16 we became each other's homes. Whenever I would doubt my talent and ability, she would be there

Whenever I failed at everything I tried at, she'd be watching and cheering me on still. She was this light that never faltered, and I was the idiot who left her.

I still remember what she told me that night on our first anniversary. 

"We have the summers, which are the fun times. When we are always so carefree and our youth shows the most, we also have the autumns, the days to remind us that everything comes to an end but our love never will. Then the winter, the dark days where our love will be tested and our weaknesses will show but in those freezing days we will hold each other close and wait until spring. Until spring came and we can do it all over again."

"BUT NOT FOR ONE DAY I DIDN'T THINK OF YOU."