CHAPTER II

Chapter II : The audacity

I felt the bile form in my stomach, rising and rising till the acid-like liquid start stinging at my everything. Desperate to claw it's way out but I fought hard to keep it in. I wanted to throw up, that's how sick I felt upon facing him again.

"How's your family?" He asked again, keeping his tone friendly but I wanted nothing more than to throw my cup of coffee at him. I gripped my phone in my hand, tempted to throw everything I can at him and make a run for it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. Why did he have to follow me? It was so obvious that I was intending to run away from him, I'm not doing this with him. Not now, not ever.

"To talk to you," He replied, stuffing his hands into his coat pockets. 

I violently shook my head, already deciding to abandon my coffee and cookies. To hell with them, I just wanna leave. "No," I stated with a hard tone. "You don't get to do this."

His eyes dropped, surely he didn't expect I'd be greeting him like an old friend! 

"You don't get to march out of my life, stomping on my heart on your way and greet me like the 5 years you were gone never happened!" I was screaming in a convenient store, but I didn't care. Sasaengs could film this all they want. Might be for the best, maybe then the world would know what kind of person Min Yoongi is.

"I know-" Yoongi tried to talk but I was having none of it.

"No you don't," I stated firmly. I was gripping my phone so hard I'm afraid I'd break it with sheer force. The anger has been spilled, the glass was full and all of it was too much to hold that the glass broke and all of my anger just spilled.

But with all that anger now spilled, I'm left with one more emotion. One hated so much. Sadness. 

"I gave you everything," Why the fuck is my voice breaking. "I sacrificed so much for you. I didn't even make you pick between me and your music because I thought-- I thought you could never. That in the scale, I weighted just as heavy as your dreams."

And there goes the fucking tears, I hate having emotions. It makes me feel the most human when I'm feeling negative emotions and I just wish they weren't there at all. I wish I didn't care, so it wouldn't hurt and none of this would matter.

"Forget this," I threw my free hand around. "Encounter ever happened. Have fun living your best life and I'll do the same."

I exited the convenience store right away, abruptly wiping my tears with the back of my hands and ignoring the pedestrians staring at me with their judging eyes. I made a sharp turn to enter an empty alley and leaned against the brick wall.

I just sobbed, letting everything out while trying my hardest to not sound like a dying whale in an alley to attract more people. The last thing I want is a video of me on the internet. 

I felt my knees give out and I slid down the dirty alley wall, sitting down the cold concrete floor. I just stayed silent, with tears streaming down my face when a pair of converse were displayed in my view. I looked up to find Min Yoongi looking down at me.

Can't he take a fucking hint?

"I told you to go away," my voice is weak as hell.

He bent down to my level and reached out his hand to offer a handkerchief. As much as I didn't want to accept anything from him, it's better than letting my cheeks soak from crying so much. I can bet my eyes are redder than cherries already.

"I'm sorry," Yoongi softly spoke. 

I began to wipe my tears with the handkerchief he offered me, "That's not enough," I replied with the same tone.

"I know, but I really am," he spoke again. I could tell he's sincere, but then again. Just two words won't make up for the years of pain he inflicted when he left. 

"Why are you here? What's the point?" I asked him. Looking around and thinking maybe an empty alley is not the best place.

"5 years without you haven't been easy," he replied, hesitant to answer at first.

"I bet," I cooed. "I always did ask you what you would be without me."

"And the answer is miserable," Yoongi replied with a smile that was voided of humor or happiness.

"I highly doubt that. You have millions of fans, fame and is under a Multimillion company." I sarcastically replied. No way his life without me is that bad, by the looks of it, he actually looks better. Happier.

"You know, all those could never amount to you," I made a move to stand up, clutching his handkerchief in my hand. 

"That wasn't the case when you left me," I mused. "I'm sorry too Yoongi, but we're not picking up where we left off."

With that, I walked away. He's hurt me too much already. I love myself enough to not dive back into his open arms to get hurt again. Plus it's too impossible. He's an idol now, famous with millions of girls fawning over him and I'm just, well, me.

-