the lorelais' first day at chilton

Noelle was woken up by her grandma's maid, Mia, at 5:30am.

Noelle is not a morning person.

The delicate, high pitched voice of Mia flowed through her room in time with the rhythmic knocking on her closed door. She peaked a single eye open and groaned, turning over in an attempt to ignore the middle aged woman.
The door was gently pushed open and upon seeing the girl still encased in her plush duvet, Mia strutted over to the bay windows and flung open the cream coloured curtains. The rising sun shone into Noelle's room, making the girl let out a cry as she covered her eyes with the duvet.

"Mia! 5 more minutes, please?" She desperately pleaded, eyes already closed to go back to sleep.

"No. Coffee is already on and if you don't get up now, your grandmother will be in here." Mia sternly replied before gripping the end of her blanket and swiping it from the bed and off of her figure. Noelle sat up with an unimpressed look on her face.

"That was not very nice." She said pointing at Mia, grumpy covering every inch of her face.
"It's cold in here." She whined.

Mia simply folded the duvet over her arm and walked out of the room with it, to make sure Noelle wouldn't go back to sleep.

With a yawn and a stretch, Noelle slipped off of her bed, as she walked otowards the bathroom she passed a mirror and caught a glimpse of herself.
"Oh god." She let out while trying to run a hand through the birds nest that sat atop of her head. She managed to find the hairband that was buried in the blonde locks and jumped in the shower.

Half an hour later, Noelle waltzed down the overly extravagant staircase in her cheer uniform and greeted her grandmother in the kitchen.

"Morning Grams." Noelle greeted with a smile as she took the mug from her grandmother's outstretched hand, "Thanks."

"Good morning, Elle. Only took Mia 10 minutes this morning, very impressed." Cecile teased while folding her newspaper. Noelle sarcastically laughed in response as she quickly drank her coffee.
"Noelle slow down, you'll burn yourself." Cecile scolded.

"Not possible. I've adapted to hot coffee, Darwin would be proud." She cheekily replied while grabbing an apple from the kitchen fruit bowl.
"I've got to run. I need to pick Gracie up before practice." She said while speeding out of the kitchen.
"Bye, love you." She called out over a mouthful of apple, eliciting a scolding yell from her grandmother again.

She grabbed her bags from the bottom of the stairs, called out a goodbye to her grandad and then she was gone.

Noelle stopped off at her best friend Grace's house on her way to school. As soon as Noelle pulled into the driveway Grace was out of the door and running to the car in a matching cheer uniform. She hopped in and the friends caught up on their weekends, the parts that were not spent together, and sang along to the obnoxiously cheesy CDs Noelle kept in her car.

Once arriving at the school gates the girls grabbed their bags and made their way into the somewhat silent school, still humming along. The halls of Chilton were deserted, the classrooms only filled with overachieving teachers. The only students in the school were those from the football team, cheer squad and a sparse few littering the library tables.

The girls had dropped off their bags in their lockers and made their way to the freshly cut fields. They met with the other girls and quickly stretched and got ready to follow the captain's routine. Grace distractedly bumped into Noelle, her gaze held by the crooked jawed football player that was practicing on the adjacent field. Noelle pushed her back into place and gave her a teasing smile, knowing that she was distracted by Oscar Garcia. The only guy that could ever distract Grace. They finished practice with minimal injuries, and quickly got changed into their school uniform.

With their pleats pressed and in place they made their way into homeroom and sat at the desks, side by side.
"Where's Geller? She's always here before us nagging at Miss Monroe." Gracie asked, confusion evident on her face as she looked around the classroom.

"I don't know, maybe Madeline and Louise finally got her to chill out." Noelle offered while getting out a notebook.

"Yeah okay." Grace scoffed in disbelief, "I'm more likely to shave my head and move to Albuquerque then Paris is to calm down."

"That doesn't even make sense." Noelle replied crinkling her nose.

"Whatever."

Noelle took to scribbling in her notebook while waiting for the day to start. Grace started a conversation with the girl that sat behind them. Noelle was abruptly brought out of her own little world by Paris Geller, who had forcibly removed the boy from the seat in front of Noelle.

"Hey, Hastings." Paris greeted in an unintentionally harsh tone.

"Yes Paris?" Noelle sweetly greeted without looking up from her writing.

"What's the name of the town you grew up in again?"

Now, this question completely shocked the girl. Her happy thoughts which she had been entranced in, came crashing down as a cold chill took over her body and her spine went rigid. Grace spared her a quick glance, being well aware of her issues with her once-home.

"Umm... Stars Hollow. Why?" Noelle uneasily replied, being unaware of why Paris Geller would be interested in a place like Stars Hollow.

Without replying, Paris turned to Louise and Madeline practically yelled, "See! I told you it sounded familiar."

"Whatever." Louise replied, completely uninterested in Paris' findings.
Before Noelle could repeat herself, their homeroom teacher Miss Monroe entered, halting all chatter.

Monroe let them out of homeroom early so Noelle lingered in the hallways with Grace for awhile, before they had to leave to different classes. Noelle walked to her English class and met Oscar. The chocolate eyed boy gave her a charming smile and they shared a hug before taking their usual seats.

"You nearly got me bludgeoned at cheer practice today so thanks for that." Noelle sarcastically scolded the boy.

With a widening smile he replied, "It's not my fault. You're just jealous Grace loves me more than you."

"You wish." She scoffed in return. Mid laugh Noelle glanced towards the door. The figure in front of her caused her smile to drop off of her face, as she caught the blue eyes of Rory Gilmore. Rory's eyes squinted in confusion before widening with recognition. Rory was quickly ushered into a spare chair as she tried to find the pair of eyes once again as Noelle lowered herself in her seat.