girl date... and nate

The extravagant home was encompassed in silence on the late Saturday morning

The extravagant home was encompassed in silence on the late Saturday morning. The blonde teenager was sat crumpled over a bowl of cereal, sat on a stool at her kitchen counter. Her grandparents had gone out to a brunch function for some cause or club, she couldn't really remember and the house staff didn't work on days like this.

Noelle was enjoying the silence, humming to herself when she heard the loud squeal of the front door. Her heart jumped in her chest, well aware that her grandparents would be gone for hours. She quietly stood from her chair and made her way to the front door, she stayed hidden behind a wall when she snuck a peek. When she saw the familiar flurry of brown hair, her face dropped and she let out as aspirated sigh.

"Grace, what the hell are you doing?" Noelle asked as she stepped away from the wall revealing herself.

"There you are." Grace chirped cheerily with a bright smile. Her grin slowly faded when she saw Noelle's unimpressed look. "What?"

"You scared the crap out of me! Why didn't you knock?" Noelle exclaimed flinging her arms about.

"Oh. I thought you might be asleep. If you're that scared you shouldn't have told me where you keep the spare key." Grace shrugged with a sheepish grin.

"That's for emergencies." Noelle continued but a teasing smile had taken over her face, letting Grace know she wasn't actually in trouble.

"This is an emergency." Grace stressed, she let her statement linger in the air before her continued, "I need new clothes." She smiled.

"Oh god." Noelle muttered.

"Now come on, get ready. The mall is calling us." Grace stressed dramatically as she grabbed ahold of Noelle's arm and started dragging her up the stairs.

Once Noelle had finished getting ready, she left a note for her grandparents and locked up the house.

"Are we taking your car?" Noelle asked as she closed the front door.

"Yeah, it has more boot space." Grace nodded as she skipped to her car at the end of the drive.

"Oh no." Noelle laughed, knowing that Grace was planning on doing some serious damage.

The girls made it to Grace's car as they were about to open the doors a deep voice made them jump.

"I thought I recognised this prep-mobile from somewhere." Nate commented nodding to Grace's baby blue car with a teasing smirk.