I am the most indecisive person I know

"Noelle!"

"Noelle!"

A startled Noelle stopped in her tracks as she heard a delicate shout of her name. Rory Gilmore dodged passing students as she made her way towards the bottled blonde.
"Hi." Noelle chirped once Rory was at her side and began walking alongside the girl to their next lesson, which they happened to share.
"So my mum keeps mentioning you." Rory began causing Noelle's eyebrows to rise and a smile to grace her face. She reminisced on the days she spent with the Gilmore's, eating pancakes at Luke's as she heard Lorelei berate the diner owner.
"Oh really?"
"Yeah and you know how she is... so she has invited you over for takeout and movie night." Rory ended with a gentle smile, her delicate features giving way to her own desire for the girl to reconnect, not only with herself but her home town.
Noelle's smile faltered at the thought of going back to Stars Hollow so soon. She thought that she could work up to it, first seeing Rory again, then befriending the girl and then maybe in approximately 2-10 years she'd be ready to return to the quaint town.
"That's really nice Rory but-"
"No I know. But I've thought this through. You don't even need to really step foot in the town, just the car to my porch." Rory tried to reason, attempting to convince the girl to join the Gilmore tradition.
Rory's enthusiasm made Noelle giggle, the thought Rory had put into it was heart warming and slowly breaking down Noelle's walls.
"I'll think about it. When were you thinking?" Noelle concluded as they stopped outside of their classroom.
A guilty expression masked Rory's face accompanied by an innocent grin.
"Well, we were thinking tonight." Rory cringed.
"Tonight?" Noelle gaped.
"Us Gilmore's aren't great with planning. And I thought it might help with short notice, like ripping off the bandaid." Rory explained.
"But that hurts." Noelle whined. "I'll let you know at the end of the day."
"Great!"

The thought of Stars Hollow was imbedded in Noelle's mind all day; she couldn't concentrate in any of her classes and was barely aware of what she'd answered, she nearly dropped a girl at cheer practice. In summary, she wasn't handling the Gilmore's invitation very well.

She aimlessly wandered the halls until her eyes landed on her best friend blatantly flirting with Oscar. Noelle rushed over to the two who wore bashful grins, Noelle grabbed Grace's arm making the girl jump from her spot leaning against her locker.
"Hi Oscar, really sorry I just have to steal her for like 5 minutes."
Before either could complain Noelle dragged Grace into a deserted classroom.
"Ellieee," Grace whined, "I was just about to ask him out."
"Gracie, you've been saying that for 2 years." Noelle retorted with an amused smile.
"But I really meant it this time." Grace continued, the whine still evident in her voice.
"Maybe." Grace added with a guilty smile.
Noelle laughed with her, forgetting the stress that had encompassed her day.
"So what's up?" Grace asked after the laughter died down, wondering why her friend had dragged her away.
"Rory invited me to her house. In Stars Hollow. And I'm kind of thinking about going. I mean I wouldn't have to see him, right?" Noelle ranted, her worries coming back to her as she nervously played with the ring on her finger.
"I mean no, not if you're just going to her house. It could be good for you, you know? Easing your way in." Grace reassured. Grace wanted Noelle to go back to her home, to feel comfortable in the place that was the setting for her happiest stories and maybe even one day reconnect with her father, to give her best friend piece of mind.
"Your right. So you think I should go?" Noelle nodded.
"I don't know, do you want to go?" Grace countered, not wanting the pressure of making the decision.
"I don't know." Noelle cried.
"Ugh, why do I have to make the decision, I'm the most indecisive person I know!" Noelle stressed, Grace nodded along knowing that it was true.
The girls stood in silence awaiting a decision.
"Okay, I'll go."
Grace applauded her and grabbed her arm so they could go to their next class before she stopped abruptly and said, "just don't replace me, I'm your best friend and you better not forget that."
"I wouldn't dare."

At the end of the school day, Noelle found Rory waiting for her at the school gates, Noelle approached the girl who had her head stuck in a book. Once Noelle got to her side she disrupted her reading by placing a hand on Rory's shoulder.
"Let's go then Gilmore."