Agatha

"He's getting worse." Moans Tedros from Beatrix's sofa.

"How?" Asks Beatrix, flinging her shoes onto his stomach as she sheds them.

"Every time I see him, he's out on the roof." Tedros mutters, dropping her kitten heels onto the floor. "Passed out in his office the last three times I went by. He's got more drink stockpiled than he's ever had."

Reena and Beatrix exchange significant glances. Tedros frowns at them.

"You think Foxwood is giving him more?"

"Maybe." Says Beatrix. "Can't say. Tell the boss, she'll wanna know."

Tedros's mouth pinches. He hasn't seen Lady A since she fled the club three nights ago-- she's apparently holed herself up in her office. He still doesn't know what the hell he did.

"Sure." He says blandly.

Beatrix frowns, but he's saved from confrontation by the door flying open.

"Oh, you're in here!" Says Dot brightly. She's alone again; Tedros can't help but wonder whether Hester and Anadil are deliberately excluding her. "Teddy, I've got a couple free hours, and you promised you'd show me how to do eyeliner like yours..."

She trails off, apparently noticing that he doesn't look very enthusiastic.

"Or not." She says quickly. "That's fine. I just thought, since Hester and Ani don't... need me, right now, it'd be a good time to ask..."

She stops, waiting anxiously for a reply. Tedros hesitates. He feels rotten, he's broken one of his earrings, and the last thing he wants to be doing is teaching Dot to do eyeliner. But he did promise, and, looking at her, he doesn't feel he can say no.

"Yeah, okay." He says, and sits up.

Dot's face clears, and she beams.

"Great! Can we go to Hort's dressing room? I was already in there, I brought my makeup so you don't even have to use yours--"

Tedros, knowing this means Hort is also going to be there, groans internally. But he says nothing, just bids goodbye to Beatrix and Reena and reluctantly follows Dot out of the door.

---

"--you're gettin' pretty good now, I reckon--"

"Stop talking, you're twitching your face everywhere." Mutters Tedros, trying to avoid drawing all over Dot's temples. Hort puffs up at the compliment, even though Tedros is sure Dot is just being nice.

"Yeah! I'm pretty swell now, think I've got an eye for it--"

" Or you just pick it up more when the boss is here because you think she'll plug a hole in you if you don't." Mutters Tedros.

Hort narrows his eyes at him.

" Will she?"

"You wanna take your chances?" Says Dot doubtfully. Everyone had heard the story about the office altercation (because Sophie had gone and told them all.)