Chapter 4

Danny didn't even have dinner, after his talk with Vlad, the ghost boy flew out of the mansion and straight to the Manson's house. He called ahead, telling Sam to call Tuck, who skyped from Sam's laptop. After Danny got into Sam's room, via ghost powers, the half ghost told his friends the situation and they soon gave their opinion.

"Personally, I wouldn't buy it," Tucker said. "This could just be a trap."

"Tucker might be right; it wouldn't be the first time for Vlad to try," Sam said.

"Yeah except most of his traps don't involve truces," Danny replied. "Ugh, why does he have to be such a-" the half ghost groaned.

"But Danny, what if he was serious?" Sam asked.

"Sam?" Danny said.

"Look, I know it's a long shot but just what if Vlad was serious about wanting a truce?" Sam pointed out.

Danny sat on Sam's bed and thought about it. He had many reasons to reject the idea. To call Vlad a crazed up fruitloop and throw him out of town... but deep down, Danny knew he couldn't. Because the truth was, he didn't hate the man. So, what if-

'No! You can't trust that man any further than you can throw him.' Danny thought to himself as doubt settled in his mind.

"Maybe Tucker is right," Danny muttered.

"What?" His friends asked at the same time.

"Think about it Sam, why would he offer a truce just as I questioned him?" Danny asked the goth girl. He floated up. "To distract me of course. Here I am taking his lies seriously meanwhile he's free to keep working on his evil plot," his eyes as wide as teacups.

Sam didn't seem as convinced as Danny at his mad ramblings. "I don't think that's-" she said.

"That's exactly what's going on," Danny said with conviction.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Samantha?" came Mrs. Manson's voice. The door opened and Phantom quickly faded from sight. The woman saw her daughter sitting on her bed. "Is someone else in here?"

"No mom," Sam lied. "I'm just... talking to Tuck. See?" She showed the laptop to her mother.

"Hi, Mrs. Manson," Tucker greeted. "I was just saying...- that's exactly what's going on. Sam didn't believe me when I was saying I'm having fun with my family," he said with a strained smile.

Mrs. Manson narrowed her eyes before she put on a cheerful expression. "You see that Sam; Tucker has no trouble spending time with his family. Speaking of which, that's enough time with the laptop, it's family game night and you know what that means..."

"Please don't say it." Sam silently prayed.

"Sugarville~," Mrs. Manson concluded with cheer while Sam groaned. "Game room sweetie, ten minutes. So, say goodnight to your friend." She left and closed the door.

Danny made himself visible again while Sam had a deadpan expression.

"Danny, if I asked you to throw my mom headfirst into the Ghost Zone, would you do it?" Sam asked.

"Sorry Sam, no," Danny replied. "I don't want to give your parents even more reasons to hate my guts."

"What if I asked nicely?" Sam asked.

"Depends; would you smile and ask at the same time?" Danny asked with a hint of sarcasm.

Tucker laughed at Sam's sour expression. "Wait, no one move, let's me set up my camera first."