Clique 4

Max:
Jake told me to answer my call on Friday. The reason I stopped was that the only computer I have was my school one. And while we are on the school network anything we do on our computers can be seen by the teachers. Mainly Mark Jefferson and David Madson. I immediately went to Chloe.
"Hey Chloe, can I come over tonight?" I asked.
"Sure, well, if it's okay for Finn, Hannah, Cass, Penny, and Rach to be there."
"That's fine. I kinda need to come over so yeah."
"Why? I mean it's okay."
"I need to start accepting the calls from Sean, Lyla, and some of my friends from Seattle."
"Sean?"
"Yes? Is that okay? Because I can figure something else out."
"Yeah, it's fine." She leaned next to my ear, even though no one is around us.
"Finn will low key love that."
I laughed.

Chloe screamed. Finn screamed back in response. Cassidy and Hannah started screaming until Joyce poleitly to us to shut up.
I sat on the bed with my laptop waiting for the call. 4:28. 4:29. 4:30.
The call comes and I accept it. The screen is split.
One side shows Sean and Lyla. The other one show Clem, Louis and Violet.
Clem has a new shorter haircut. Violet is parting her hair differently. Louis is at least half a foot taller. Sean's hair is considerably shorter than last time I really saw him. I can see that Lyla's favorite sweater is a new one.
I would have known these things if I hadn't stopped responding.
"Guys!" I shouted. The punks calm down behind me and the kids on video waved.
"MAX!" A young boys voice came from Clem's video.
"AJ!" I recognized the voice instantly.
Clem picked up her 5 year old brother up a set him on her lap.
"I don't know what's happening." Cassidy leaned next to my ear and whispered.
"Oh, right!" I said. I introduced everyone to everyone. When I said 'Finn', Clem shot a look at the screen, clearly meant for Sean. It was a look of knowing, I don't know how to describe it but I knew what it meant.
"Max may not remember but we have a-" Vi started.
"System where everyone goes around and asks a question and we keep going around until we don't have anymore questions." Clem finished. She then looked down and blushed insanely. AJ stuck his head under her chin and forced her red face up.
Louis snorted. "Okay, okay guys we can start with Sean and let Clemy calm down." He patted her head.
"Okay-" Sean started.
"By the way, Max, most of the questions are for you since it's been forever." Vi cut in, then blushed slightly.
"Also the punk kids behind you can ask questions if they want." Lyla said.
"You forgot our names?! We go to school with you!" Finn shouted.
"One: I'm not allowed to talk to you. Two: It was meant to include the collective!" Lyla shouted back.
"Can I ask my question now?!" Sean screamed. I could here Sean's dad in the background telling them to be quiet.
"Yes." Lyla said.
"Okay. Max why did you abandon us?"
"The school can watch my computer when I'm on the school network. And I stopped going to Chloe's most Fridays because of homework." Saying it out loud made me feel worse.
"Oh, wow." Clem said. Her face is back to normal, mostly.
We went around asking questions and joking around for about another hour.
"Clem! Louis! Vi! AJ! It's time for dinner." I heard Clem's dad, Lee, shout.
Clem's dad never liked being called Mr. Everett, he always just preferred Lee. "Dad, we're still talking! Can we eat later?"
"Let me take AJ and I'll bring food out for you." Lee sighed. Clem handed him her little brother and he came back a moment later with food. They were having pizza. A tradition they'd always had was to eat pizza on Friday.
Immediately when Chloe saw the pizza she ran downstairs and came back with a box of pizza.
We shouted a lot, joked around, and ate pizza for the rest of the night.
It was fun.