Chapter 4 Red Knight

To hide out we stayed at the abandoned house.

"Wait so since I got bit at around midnight and it's already 7pm I have 5hours left of being a normal human? Does it hurt...?"

"What turning into a vampire?"

I nodded frankly I'm a little scared...

"Well maybe I shouldn't explain since you'll probably get scared..."

"HUH WHAT WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!"

"Agh why'd you ask... okay yes it does. It feels as if you are being burned from the inside out. Look I know it sounds scary and painful, but it'll be over before you know it." He grabbed my hands gently,

"I know you're scared, but you're in good hands now. I'm really sorry for putting you through something like this I really am, but I am trying to protect you now." He kissed my hand.

"Wait you said that since they found out I'm a human that youre in love with why do we still have to hide after I've turned into a vampire?"

"They'll still want to kill you. See, when a human is turned into a vampire their ashes after being burned if they are used to be breathed in it will add another incredible strength. That's why I need to hide you for around a month or so. After a month that power that your ashes would have go away and you are a normal vampire."

I nodded again and sat down on a chair. I couldn't help but feel like he is too knowledgeable about this type of situation as if he's had to do this before...

"Jonghyun... if you don't mind me asking.. have you ever been in this situation before... were you a human before..?"

He looked at me with sad puppy like eyes.

That's when I realized that it wasn't him who had to hide like this, but someone important to him.

"M-my mother. When I got turned into one no one had known except my mother. She studied vampires. When she found out she tried to helplessly hide me for as long as it took. My father... he had a brother. That bastard...." he clenched a fist hard making his.knuckles turn white.

"He... he killed my mother. He found out that I was a vampire and so was he. He was so angry that she had hidden me causing the powers to disappear so he fucking murdered her!"

He began to wheep.

I ran over to his side and hugged him tightly.

He let out sobs against my chest.

"It's okay it's okay." I rubbed his back.

"I don't want to lose someone precious to me again. Promise me I won't loose you too." He looked up at me.

"Yes.. I-I promise I'm not going anywhere."

I began to cry with him.

I will not put him through that kind of torcher again.

We stayed hugging for 3 hours while sleeping.

When I awoke I looked at my cell phone's clock.

'10:56 pm'

"Just an hour left..." I whispered.

Jonghyun moved a little.

I think I really do love him.

He slept so beautifully. His tan skin. His hair that landed perfectly onto his face. His high cheek bones. His voice.

Everything.

His personality. He's perfect.

Suddenly he awoke.

"Is everything okay?" He looked worried.

"I'm fine. Just woke up right now." I smiled at him.

He gave me a smile and kissed my cheek.

"I'm going to go out and get some food for you and some water. You need to rest and have enough engery for when you transform. I don't want you passing out on me." He joked and went out the door.

"Well since I'm alone I might as.well clean up around here and make it seem liveable." I got up and dusted off all the abandoned dusty furniture and went to dust the couch where we had been laying in.

*Knock knock*

"Jonghyun..?" I whispered.

I decided to ignore it.

I knew if it was someone else Jonghyun would not be happy and also what if it's a creep!

Okay yes Jonghyun was a creep when we met, but it's different now since he's protecting me.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

This time the knock was harder and more aggressive.

Okay yeah that isn't Jonghyun...

Who is it...?