(Y/n) Tozier Takes A Drink

This meeting had been going on for hours and everyone listening to me talk looked terrified, and they were right to be. The Oath line was scheduled to be released in a month and we were practically back to square one.

"So, does anyone want to tell me how one of the top cosmetic companies a.k.a. my company could fuck up so bad?" I wanted to completely cuss them out and then go cry into a glass of wine while I had a nice hot bath, but I held back as best I could.

"Ms. Tozier, we don't know what happened, but we're looking into it I promise." One of my employees nodded, a pleading look in her eye.

"Ms.Tozier, you've got a phone call!" My secretary, Jaeden, popped his head through the door.

"Jaeden, can't you see that I am in the middle of something?" I asked him, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"He says to tell you that it's an urget call from Derry." Jaeden's words came out a mile a minute, but the town name stuck out like a sore thumb.

"I'll be right out, Jaeden. As for the rest of you, I want someone to get to the bottom of this and I want to reports on my desk by tonight. Is that understood?" I asked, not waiting for an answer before I walked out of the conference room.

"You've reached (Y/n) Tozier, how may I help you?" I asked, trying to keep my voice from shaking.

"(Y/n) it's Mike."

"Well Mike, do you have a last name?" I remembered a Mike from Derry, but I can't put a face to that name.

"The name's Mike Hanlon, I was hoping you'd maybe remember me." I heard him laugh lightly.

"Mike..Hanlon..."

I felt dizzy. I remembered Mike. I had remembered all of them, but never their names. Normally, I'd just get a flash of memories with a bunch of smiling kids. But this time it was different. This time, there was something awful brooding behind those memories. Almost as though it were stalking me, waiting for a chance to spring out and grab me all at once.

"You have to come home."

"Home?"

Come home...

Where you belong...

Come to me...

"Yes. It's time to come back to Derry."

"How soon do I need to be there?" I asked, still spacing out as my mind spun it's gears trying to dig up the memories of my childhood, at least the ones that haven't played over and over again in my head on lonely nights when I was younger.

"Tomorrow."

"I'll do my best." I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"I'll see you then." He said and he hung up.

"Yeah, see you."

I hung up the phone and sat it down on the little table next to me with a shaky hand. I screwed my eyes shut and bit my bottom lip to keep from crying. But, at this point, it was either cry or throw up and honestly I didn't want to do either.

I didn't know what was wrong with me. I just got an invitation to hang out with my best childhood friends in my hometown. But the fact that I couldn't remember anything scared me. The first thirteen years of my life are just a blank void, plus there's something in my gut telling me that something very wrong was going to happen. My eyes flew open and I shook my head. I would not do this. Not here, at least.

"Jaeden, cancel my five o'clock meeting with the Morphe consultant. I'm not feeling too well, and I might take off for a few days." I nodded, trying to regain my professional facade.