Remembering Beverly Marsh

My questioning eyes were pulled away from Mike's odd theater-esque smile to the sound of a gong ringing throughout the small room we'd be ushered into. There stood my brother, the Trashmouth, and two beautiful looking people people.

"This meeting of the loser's club has officially begun!"

I rolled my eyes at my childish brother, and awaited the introduction of the handsome new guy. I don't remeber any of us looking that good as kids. Just then, Richie pointed to the guy and mouthed "Ben" before imitating being fat.

"Beep beep Richie." I huffed before I realized what I said. Richie's eyes widened before he laughed.

"Damn, that's something I'd never thought I'd hear again."

"That's what this trip is all about I guess." I shrugged, unsure of where the old saying had come from.

"You said it, Little Tozier." The woman with flaming red hair smiled.

"Bevvy?" I asked, wide eyed.

"I told you that we'd see each other again!" She grinned, holding out her arms as she offered me a hug.

I ran to her the way a child greets their parents when they come home from work. She wrapped her arms around me tightly and I could faintly smell her expensive perfume on her collar. All I felt in that moment was longing. I longed to have had Beverly in my life all these years. I had thirty years of missing this girl crash down on me and once and I thought I might cry.

Then, another memory came back to me....

"(Y/n)?" I heard Bev call from somewhere behind me.

"Yeah, Bev?" I called back, and I heard her making her way closer to me.

"Are you alright?" She asked, taking a seat next to me.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I shrugged, turning away from her so she couldn't see the cut across my cheekbone.

"I stole some of that stuff from Eddie, can I help patch you up?" She asked, turning my face towards hers.

"Uh...sure." I nodded and Bev pulled out a roll of tape and some cotton padding from her pockets and picked up the bottle of alcohol she had sat next to her.

"Thanks for that by the way." She smiled as she poured the alcohol on my cheek.

"For what?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"You fought your brother because what he said made me uncomfortable. That's kinda bad ass." She laughed, placing the dressing on my cheek before taping down.

"Oh that...it's nothing. Richie can be a real asshole sometimes." I shrugged.

"Don't let it get you down, Bill said that you wanted to go for a swim. If you're all upset, we can't have as much fun tomorrow." She laughed, playfully shoving me.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I nodded, laughing at myself.

"Come on, Little Tozier, let's get you home." She laughed, getting up and pulling me along with her, "Those friends of yours are worried sick."

And another memory bubbled it's way to the surface.

"Hey, Bev." I smiled and stepped aside so that she could come in.

"Hey, (y/n)." She came inside and I grabbed her wrist to lead her upstairs.

We made it to my room and I closed and locked the door behind us. Bev walked around for a moment, looking over all the random shit I had hung up on the wall. Then, she turned to me, almost suddenly aware that there must have been a reason I called her.