Into the Dark

Panic flooded every inch of my body as I watched on in horror. That's all I could do. So many emotions were fighting for dominance over my brain and I was helpless to stop them and function as I normal human being. I was scared. Not only because It had my brother, and only family I had left, in his clutches, but because the impossible had just become possible in a matter of days. 

It had never made sense that I couldn't have kids if everything was working properly as the doctor had said it was. Trust me, Sam had me checked out several times before he decided that I was completely useless and walked out. He had said that maybe they were just lying to me to make me feel better. However, I knew that was just his stupidity speaking, as it often did. 

Now, I wondered if It had something to do with the fact that none of us losers had ever had kids. I know it wasn't the time for pondering such questions, as my brother's face was about to be eaten by a demented version of a childhood friend, but I couldn't get it out of my head. If It was the cause of the losers all living childless lives, could he be the reason behind my sudden pregnancy, if that's what this is?

I shook my head, not wanted to contemplate things like that at a time like this. I needed to so something. I needed to help Bill save my brother, but first, I'd have to convince my legs to at least carry me over to the two men struggling on the floor. 

At this point, the others had managed to slip between the cracks in Pennywise's illusion and were now banging on the kitchen door, calling for Richie. Of course they were coming to help, because they weren't worthless. They didn't let their fear control them the way I did. 

"Get it off me!" Richie screamed and I cringed as I saw thick, viscus drool fall straight into his mouth. 

"I wanna go home." I heard Eddie's voice and was suddenly reminded that there was another person in the room with us. 

"Get the kn-kn-knife!" Bill shouted, his eyes momentarily locking with mine, "God damn it, (Y/n), get th-the knife!"

I saw the knife on the floor, and I wanted to grab it. I wanted to protect Richie. He'd done his fair share of protecting me all these years, and how did I repay him? By letting an evil pedophile clown parading as my best friend eat his face. I couldn't bring myself to step away from the wall behind me. Tears burned their way down my cheeks as I hid my face in my hands. 

Again, I felt childish. I hid behind my hands the way I child would tuck themselves away underneath their sheets to hide from the monster in their closet. Only, this time, the monster was real and he was right in front of me. He was going to hurt someone I loved and all I could do was turn away. Sister of the fucking year, ladies and gentlemen. 

"Eddie get the knife!" Bill turned his attention to the other person in the room and I could feel his disappointment radiate across the small space. Was it his, or was it mine own in myself? I couldn't tell, but I didn't matter, it stung just as bad either way.

"FUCK!" Richie screamed and I cringed away from the sound just as I had before. 

I heard someone new scream and I risked a glance through the spaces between my fingers that were splayed over my face. Ben had gotten in somehow and had grabbed the knife. He carried the confidence that I had the last time we were here, as if he siphoned it from me over the years. At least someone was getting some use out of it. 

I watched as Ben buried the knife up to the handle in the false Stan's head over and over again, feeling another wave of nausea wash over me. The blood-like substance floated upwards and finally after a few barbaric moments, Ben stopped. Bill pried the head's legs from around Richie's face and I felt someone wrap their arms around me, making me jump.