I Can't... Not Again

We had crawled into the backseat of Eddie's car and Beverly's lips were back on mine before the door even shut behind her. She carefully pushed me down, so I was laid across the pristine upholstery of Eddie's backseat with her above me, never once taking her lips off mine.

My heart was pounding in my chest, but for once, in a good way. One of Beverly's slender hands pushed underneath my still-damp shirt and rested against the cool skin of my stomach for a moment as her lips left mine and traveled down to my jawline.

I didn't really know what I should do with my hands, I mean, I've never been in a heated makeout session with a girl before and Bev is a whole lot different than Bill. Bill doesn't have breasts or a slim curvy waist or nice full hips.

Suddenly Bevvy pulled away and in the slight light that spilled into the car from the nearby front windows of the restaurant, I could see she was questioning herself. She sat up do that she was no long hovering over me and leaned back against the headrest, her hands tangling themselves in her own hair for a moment before falling into her lap.

I pushed myself into a sitting position, my shirt falling back to where it's supposed to be from where Beverly had pushed it up a mere few second before.

"What is it, Bevvy?"

"I forgot about those hickies for a second," she laughed and shook her head.

My hand went up to my neck and I cursed Bill yet again for his "love bites." God, what wad I doing? First, I just threw open my legs for Bill after a mere hour or so after meeting him again. Then, I go and start making out with Bev in the back of Eddie's car. What the hell has gotten into me?

Maybe Richie was right. Maybe I am a whore...

"Who gave them to you. Cause I know it wasn't really Eddie." She looked over at me.

"Is it really important?" I asked, really not wanting to hear Bev call me a slut to.

"I just wanna know who my competition is this time." She laughed, but it felt forced.

"It was Bill." I shrugged.

An awkward smile spread across her face and I knew I had just confirmed her suspicions. "I know when I've lost a fight. Clearly, Bill reigns supreme once again."

She didn't seem upset, and neither did I. In fact, I was relieved that we hadn't taken things any further.

"You wanna head back inside?"

"Yeah, let's go, Little Tozier." She grinned.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Once again, Bev and I had joined everyone else at the table. Aparently, Bev and I had missed quite the conversation where Richie and Eddie just drowned Ben in compliments and then proceeded to drink their body weight in alcohol.

I found my eyes drifting over to where Bev and Bill sat talking across the table. My heart hurt and I felt selfish. I willingly led both of them on in the same twenty four hours and Bev knew that. Yet, there she was, happily chatting and almost flirting with Bill. Maybe I'm not the only loser that likes to play the field.

"She's pretty, isn't she?" I heard Ben ask quietly from his seat beside me.

"Yeah, I suppose so. You still like her after all these years?" I asked, swirling my beer around in the bottle.

"Yeah, I mean, I know it sounds crazy because it's been so long but it feels like we never left." He shrugged.

"You don't sound crazy. Probably because I know exactly what you mean." I laughed, taking a long drink.