Time to Sink

I had shrugged off any attempt from Bill to touch or help me in any way as we made our way through the bowels of Derry. I knew it was a childish way to act, but I didn't care. Well, that's a bit of a lie. I wanted nothing more than to have Bill hold and comfort me before we went through with this insane plan.

Not to mention the fact that the dress that I just bought back was in my room at the Town House. Leave it to me to be the one to forget their fucking token. What was I going to do now?

Bev's hand had slipped out of mine after a few minutes, I supposed it had something to do with the fact that the humidity and gray water down here had made the blood on my palms slick again. I remembered how panicked she had been when she called me that morning, and the way the sun shone through the blood stained window, casting an eerie red glow across the entire room. 

We all sloshed around in the waist high water, following close behind Mike. Everything down here looked exactly the same, I don't know how he knew where he was going. Then again, I didn't know how Mike did or knew a lot of things that he did. I figured that it was better not to ask any questions. 

Soon enough however, there was no room for questions. We came to something that looked like an open vault door. A lot had changed since the last time we were here, but I recognized it immediately. This was where we fought it, this is where we came the last time. 

Now it was flooded with water and the mountain of old toys no longer remained in the middle of the room like a morbid centerpiece. The room echoed with what sounded like children singing, but perhaps that was just my imagination. My eyes swept the high ceiling and a terrible fear washed over me. I couldn't explain it, but it was as if I could feel it in my gut that something bad was going to happen. Something really bad...

"Shit, this is it. This is where it happened." Ben said, his voice breaking the practically constant silence that had enveloped us since we crawled down that well.

No one said anything in response. I'm not sure there was really a need for anyone to acknowledge the fact that he spoke because we were all thinking the same thing. 

We all lowered ourselves down into the water and I was shocked by the difference in depth. This water, somehow cold and warm at the exact same time, came straight over my chest. The smell threatened to gag me, but I tried my best to ignore it and keep moving. 

I heard Eddie mumble to himself somewhere behind me as we crossed the sea of shit, literally, to get to a heap of wood and god probably doesn't even know what that sat where the toys once did. 

"Bev, what is it?" Ben asked as he turned to look behind him. 

It was as if we all turned at once. Beverly was stood, frozen, a worried look on her face. She shook her head, taking a last look back the way we had just come. 

"I thought I heard something." She said with an odd sigh. 

Before anyone of us could even breathe, something  burst from the water. I had no idea what the fuck it was. It was gray and it's skin was too tight and too loose at once. On it's head there were a few sparse white hairs that hung down to it's boney shoulders. It's gangly arms wrapped themselves around Beverly.

"TIME TO SINK!" It screeched before disappearing back under the water's surface. 

I didn't even think, I just took a deep breath before plunging myself under the water after them. I felt around me, hoping to find anything that felt remotely human. I didn't dare to open my eyes down there. I was panicked, not stupid. 

I couldn't find anything around me, not even the others. It was as if I had fallen through to another dimension or something. I was all by myself. I turned my head as if too look for anyone, but still didn't open my eyes like a dumbass. What did get me to open my eyes was something wrapping around my ankle.