Chapter 4

A/N: Hope you guys are enjoying the story. I plan on updating often and I would really love feedback on this one. Thank you! :)

____________________________________________________________

Steve smiled contently as he walked inside his home at the end of the week. It was a tiresome day but he worked hard for his earnings and was grateful for Adele to watch Maggie when he came back. She explained on the phone that the little one was running around all day with the energy of a hyena and as soon as Steve came inside Maggie jumped into his arms and showed him all she did that day. Lately she was getting more interested into finger painting and glitter art.

"Awe, were you good to your Grandma?" Steve looked to Adele watching her eyes nod in response.

"Of course she was. She did everything I told her to do and I gave her ice cream earlier. This is what you are seeing."

"Yes." Steve's brows raised as Maggie shrugged, grinned widely and ran upstairs.

Steve chuckled as he and Adele hugged each other warmly and walked to the kitchen as she put on a fresh pot while Steve placed his shoulder bag behind the chair. He almost sat down at the table when he watched Adele grunt as she brought out coffee mugs for tea. He stood up and walked to her.

"Here let me. Go sit down." He said, gesturing behind him.

"Nonsense, you just came in; I wanted to give you something to help you relax. Go on now."

"So now you're the one ordering me around? I pay my taxes."

"Hush, you've had a longer day than I have. Go sit down and mind your business. Look over the mail if you must to do something."

Steve nodded and relented, knowing Adele doesn't easily take no for an answer as he busied himself to pick up the small stack of bills left out on the counter. He didn't feel like opening them right now so he placed them where the others were and decided to deal with them at another time.

He looked inside the pots over the stove, examining the contents. "What's this? Smells nice."

"Parmesan macaroni with chopped chicken squares. Maggie was a good girl today so I made her favorite. I managed to add some veggies in there and she didn't complain at all. She was a jewel all day Steve. I'm so proud of her."

"I am too and very happy to hear that. I always worry she gives you trouble because it's just you here alone. Maggie has the energy of a circus animal. I adore her but she can be handful even for me." He said, taking something out of his shoulder bag.

"She was royalty. I let her watch Frozen and Tangled as we ate ice cream together." Adele said recalling the day; as the kettle whistled she immediately poured the hot liquid into the cups of green tea.

She brought them over to him as he smiled; they sat down together in silence.

Steve bit the end of his pen and wrote some notes into his steno pad. He normally left work where it belonged but sometimes it him carried back home. He instantly put it away when his nose found the scent of mint and jasmine. He took the mug and brought the brim under his nose, closing his eyes.

Adele looked at him with an amused smirk. He looked like Maggie just now; it's amazing how much they resembled each other when they did certain things.

"I spoke to your father today." Adele mentioned, pulling Steve from his small reverie.

"Oh?" he sipped from his mug, placing it down, looking from his notes to Adele.