II

>> Present time <<

Autumn: 'Finally done.'

I sat down against the tree next to my brother. He opened his eyes and threw me an apple which I caught.

*You can see what Damon looks like*

Autumn: ' How did you get this?'

Damon: 'You know me... I have my ways.

I smiled and took a bite of the apple.

Autumn: 'Are you done with all your tasks?'

Damon: 'Kind of... I still have to do the dishes. I don't understand why I have to do that. That's what the cook is for, isn't it?

Autumn: 'Maybe because you're flirting with everyone who walks around here. Can't you seduce the cook?

He laughed.

Damon: 'I could try.'

We both listened to the silence. We were in the back of the garden. There was a party in the house, but we weren't allowed to go there. This is our favorite spot. It's perfectly hidden for some privacy and we sit here every night after completing our tasks. We once had a happy life. We lived with our mom and dad in a little house in a small village. I don't remember much of that time, we both don't. 

Damon and I are twins. He is 3 minutes older. Which makes him '' The wisest'' 

Lady Margaret: 'Damon! The cook needs you! Be there in 30 seconds or i'll give you more work!'

My brother sighed and stood up.

Damon: 'That's my cue, later sis.'

He winked at me and disappeared. I smiled and closed my eyes.  Our life here is not the best, but at least we got a house to sleep in. Even tho the only thing we sleep on are two dirty blankets and a dusty pillow.

I stood up and walked towards the house. I heard the guests laughing. The smell of baked bread, roasted meat and warm drinks made my mouth water. But I know I'm not allowed to eat any of that. I sighed and entered the house. I kept my head down as I went through the people. I covered my burned skin. One thing I learned about these people, don't ever speak to them, touch them or even look at them when you're not an '' equal ''.'

There were many people at the 'party.' Most of the guests were old and boring. Only talking about money and power. I arrived at the hallway.

Neveah: 'Hey! Watch where you're going piece of dirt.'

I looked up to a girl about my age. She had brown hair, hazel eyes and a violet dress. 

Autumn: 'Excuse me..'

I wanted to continue my walk but she blocked my way.

Neveah: 'What is someone like you doing here?! Don't you know it's for important people only?!'

Autumn: 'I don't have to explain anything to you.'

*You can see what Neveah looks like*

Neveah: 'Oh please, don't flatter yourself

Neveah: 'Oh please, don't flatter yourself. You're a nobody.'

She smiled and walked away. Back to wherever she came from. I felt tears coming up. I can't stand up for myself. I can't tell that bitch what I think about her. Lady Margaret would lock me up again...  I took a deep breath, blinked the tears away and walked towards the basement. 

>> Five years ago <<

Damon: 'AUTUMN!!!' 

I felt two strong arms, getting wrapped around me. I couldn't open my eyes. I couldn't speak. I was left alone in my own thoughts. I could only hear his voice.

Damon: 'Oh my god Autumn... Can you hear me?!! Autumn!!!'

I wanted to tell him that I was alright, that everything was going to be okay.

Damon: 'SOMEBODY HELP!!!'

Damon... Damon... I'm okay... Please just hear me.

Damon: 'HELPPPP.'

He cried. I felt the tears splash on my cheek.

Damon: 'It's going to be alright sis, you're going to be okay.'

The strong arms picked me up and carried me away....

>> Present time <<

Damon: 'Sis?'

Autumn: 'Hmm.'

Damon: 'What are you thinking about?'

Autumn: 'Nothing...'

Silence...

Damon: 'Do you ever wonder what would've happened to us if we weren't sold as slaves.'

Silence...

Autumn: 'Yes.'

Damon: 'I want our old life back...'

Autumn: 'Me too.'

I stared at the ceiling. We were both lying on our blankets. It's probably past midnight, but I can't tell since there's no window in the basement. It's dark in the basement and the only thing I hear is Damon's calm breathing. 

Autumn: 'But we both know that's not possible...'

Silence....

Damon: 'Goodnight sis.'

Autumn: 'Night.......'

________________________________________________________________________________

Heyya!

It's me again! Thank you for reading the second chapter of my new story. I'm not sure if I should make the chapters shorter, let me know whatever you want.

Also, text me when you have the time! I would love to get to know y'all better!

Love,

~ Eline