IV

Autumn: 'Ehhh...'

My brother stood up and waved excited to the crowd.

Damon: 'It's a honor to be the next guardian. I will protect the kingdom like it's the delicious chicken wings I steal from the cook every day.'

Doreah: 'Excuse me young man, I actually meant the girl.'

Damon: 'Oh, right'

My brother looked down at me. There was no anger in his eyes, nor jealousy. Just joy. He is happy for me, proud of me. But, am I?

Doreah: 'Come on down.'

Everyone was whispering with each other, giving me disapproving looks. People yelled that It wasn't fair. That I wasn't worth becoming a guardian. Other people pushed the ones who said that, telling them everyone deserves a chance.

My brother and I climbed down. when we were both on the ground, looking at each other, Damon took my hand and pulled me into a strong hug.

 when we were both on the ground, looking at each other, Damon took my hand and pulled me into a strong hug

Damon: 'Listen. I know exactly what you're thinking. ''I can't leave my brother behind, he is the only one I know. I don't want to leave my best friend in that shithole and live a happy life myself bla bla bla''. Autumn, you deserve this, all of this. '

I didn't say anything. I couldn't leave him behind. All these years, he was the only one I had. Some people don't have a good and powerful band with their siblings. Some hate each other, hurt each other and despise each other. But the band I had with my brother, was a band I couldn't describe with words, only with feelings... I knew, that If I would leave my brother behind, I would lose him. Becoming a guardian was cool, but dangerous. The chance of dying during a war is huge. No... I can't give him up... I just can't...

 Autumn: 'I don't want to lose you.'

Damon: 'You won't lose me sis. Wherever you go, I'll be with you.'

Autumn: 'You make it sound like this is a goodbye. Like, we'll never see each other again.'

Damon: 'It's not a goodbye sis... You deserve this and many more. You've been through so much in your life. So many disappointments and sadness. Now it's time to start a new chapter of your life. One where you'll be happy and make this world a better place.'

A tear rolled down my cheek. I've seen my brother in many ways. Happy, tired, angry, sad... But he never showed this side of him. I smiled and we let go of each other.

Autumn: 'I love you.'

Damon: 'I love you too... I know you can do it.'

I took a deep breath and came from behind the house. Hundreds of eyes looked at me. I walked to the stage with my head low, trying to avoid eye contact with anyone. Damon followed me and we walked past lady Margaret, who looked at me with disdain. Some people give me a round of applause.

Doreah: 'There you are.'

She took my hand and helped me up the stage.

Axyl: 'Are you ready for a whole new adventure?'

I looked at my brother. He nodded and gave me a little smile.

Autumn: 'Yes... yes I am.'

Eldrin: 'Let's go then.'

And there I went, through the crowd with the three most important protectors. On my way to a dream and at the same time a nightmare that comes true. 

I knew this was going to be the beginning of a whole new adventure... This is it... There's no going back now...

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello my beautiful readers,

thank you for reading a this new chapter of my story. Its short, I'm aware of that. But recently I've been super busy with school so I won't be able to publish long chapters. But of course i'll try!

Love

~ Eline