I Am NOT Dissapointed

*EMBER'S POV*

Oh my god it's finally prom. Part of me is happy that it's here and the other, is happy that this shit is about to be over with. Either way I'm happy.

I got up and texted Hazel's mom, she told me to tell her when I wake up so we can get our nails done first thing. No seniors go to school on our prom day so I had plenty of time to get myself together.

Ember: Hey Mrs.J I'm up, getting in the shower now !

I put my phone down and set out my outfit. I needed something comfortable but cute. I ended up choosing my burgundy romper. I got in the shower and let the warm water hit my body. Today is the day. I've been day dreaming about going to prom with Hazel forever. I showered and lotioned up spray myself with perfume before I put my sunflower clips all through out my braids. Thank god Destiny gave them back, I almost tore up my room to find them. I put on some smoked out dark chocolate eyeshadow on my lids then put on my eyelashes. I concentrated on my brows leaning over the counter to put them on when I got an alert.

Mom in law(thats her name in my phone): okay I'll be there in 12 .

I put on highlighter and lip gloss then stood back taking a good look at myself. Yea I'm a total cutie. I slid on my brown gladiator sandals that matched my eyeshadow and took a few pics to send to Hazel.

Hazel: ooo 🤤😳 damn Ma you looking fine like that!? I wish I could come , I can't wait to see yo sexy ass later 😜

I smiled at the text I got from Haze before I got into her mom's car.

Ember: Hey Mrs. J , thank you for taking me and keeping me company today!

Mom: anytime ! I always can use some girl time, Summer is too young and Hazel... well you see Hazel. I had to throw away one of her shirts when I washed it. It had some naked white girl with a only the word  'savage' covering her nipples.

Ember: wow. I'm glad I've never seen that shirt.

Mom: I wish I could say the same. Anyway... I am always down to spend time with you, you are my daughter's girlfriend .. I need to know what type of person she's sneaking around with at night. Speaking of sneaking around , where did she disappear to all Saturday ? I was looking for her.

I blushed. Just thinking about Saturday sent a tingle down my spine. It was so romantic.. and sexy as fuck. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that we had sex in a field full of sunflowers. Clips of her sex faces played through my head and her moaning my name haunted my ears. I bit my lip

Mom: *clears throat*

I blushed harder

Ember: sorry! I got distracted. She asked me to prom Saturday.

Mom: oh hell, if I know Hazel I'm sure it was dramatic. One year for  Mother's Day she performed me a written out One Man Show. She blocked off the whole living room and made her dad pay a $5 entrance fee just to get into his own house.

I giggled as we got out of the car and Entered the nail salon. It was pretty busy. Hazel's mom insisted we go to this one. She said celebrities get their nails done here. As she signed us in I looked through the thousands of glistening nail polish bottles. We sat down in their fancy Velour chairs waiting our turn.

Mom: so spill! How did she do it?

Ember: honestly I still haven't completely figure out how. She had to have put hours into this. She told me she contacted your mom and asked where she can find sunflowers because that is my favorite flower.

I scrolled through my phone and found a picture, I had stood back and took of the bubble tent and all the flowers around it.

Mom: wowww, she went all out! Even for her.